Who'll be brave and order closeouts from RA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we flooded last year, all the chain merchants ( lowes, HD, Bestbuy , Walmart , target, Office Depot) claim to have scrapped their inventory and started over. Even inventory that was elevated. I was told it was exposed to a "toxic environment".
I spoke with a contractor that was cleaning out our local Home Depot. He claimed their company was not paid anything by homedepot but claimed everything they salvaged. Inventory and fixtures. Clean slate to concrete slab.
I'm sure a lot of the high and dry "toxic environment" items made it to consumers somehow.
My 65" Samsung hung on the wall through the flood, still works fine.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Saying that all of Houston is underwater is the equivalent of saying Kansas is no longer in existence. Parts of Houston flood all tge time several times a year.

I think it is safe to say that the Houston metro area has never been flooded as it is now.

True.

The flood is in the flood drain area that are not supposed to be developed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HangFire
I love RockAuto. Everything I got from them has worked fine. Even though the closeout wipers I got were old and didn't last long, I only paid $1-$2 for each of them, and they lasted a few months, so I can say I got my money's worth out of them. Even considering labor, replacing wipers is really easy (at least on my vehicles). But do it again? No. No more ancient rubber or filters for me.

I did get a bunch of the cheapest generic non-closeout cabin air filters from RA a couple of years ago, that worked out great. Turned out to be US made Casite. All of them were bakery fresh.
smile.gif

They don't have too many closeouts for my car, but I did get wipers from them. They seemed a bit old, but all you can expect for wipers around here is about 3-6 months and I got about 6 months out of them. Some of them were decent and others were kinda junky, just luck of the draw what kind you got. One set was bad out of the box, but I cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol and they were fine afterwards.

Originally Posted By: fields
The oil should be good-plastic bottles.

I think he meant (oil and air) filters, not oil and (air filters).

I've gotten a couple pretty old oil filters that had a lot of box wear from years of handling, but were otherwise just fine.

Wipers baking on a hot windshield in Texas heat last 6-12 months max, if you're lucky. The $1.16 wipers I get from them have been fine.

I can honestly say overall, I have been pleased.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I am waiting to see all the ATVs, motorcycles and of course cars for sale next month. Alot of bikes from Katrina- cheap.

If you find a 2004-06 (pre-EFI) Sportster 883 or 1200 Roadster or a 1981-83 Honda Silver Wing, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back