Who Does Cheapest UOA's Blackstone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know if its just me but Blackstone has been slacking lately.

I used the get my results the same day USPS estimated delivery, now its 1 day later and has even been several days after delivery was made.
31.gif

Blackstone charges out the rear end for a TBN count. i don't understand why its so expensive for them when others do it for free.

I am not certain but it may be. I looked it up on their website and that was the price for non postage paid (you pay the postage). I am a preferred member and I believe they back out the preferred members price after the subtotal. Still, they do not charge extra for TBN results. I have an invoice at home from my latest shipment that included several oil test kits and I will advise what I paid.

Originally Posted By: vegasblj
The test kit NAPA/WIX sells are about $14 with TBN. Stavley Services does the test.

I may try Stavely again but last time it took over a month for the results.

Either they lost it for a while in the plant or mail held it up. Will ship in small box this time so post office does not freak out or something along the line.

Think napa charged me $20 last time, will print the web $14.29 price as backup next time I go in.

I buy Toromont/CAT lab UOA kits from an equipment dealer 7 miles from my house. They are $19.50 each, and they do TBN at no extra change. Downside is that they don't test for Ca or B detergents in oil - lab isn't calibrated to. I use these kits b/c of the convinience in obtaining them, and the good customer service i've gotten so far from their staff.

I agree the price using Toromont is outstanding especially when one factors in the TBN. But as one who has done many UOAs in the past 5 years I am now convinced that the accuracy of such labs is very hit and miss. I think one can't get quality reliable results when paying $25 (or less) for a UOA.

Last edited:
I'd debate that. A lab like Cat SOS that is doing analysis for large equipment fleets, results that affect lots of $$$, their results are most likely pretty accurate, or they wouldn't be in the business!

There is a large Cat dealer about a mile from my house. I didn't realize they did analysis. When I looked on their website, the sample report seems heavily biased towards diesel information. How is it for gasoline engines? Anyone have an actual report from a gas engine.

My tests were taking 2- 3 weeks also, I called stavley and she told me to use UPS or FEDEX, turns out it was taking USPS 10 days to ship my sample parcel post. I send my last sample friday, and the results were posted on my account the following thursday.

I send them about 10 samples per year, the seem to be consistent.

Originally Posted By: Jim_Beverlin
Amsoil test kits are $22.45. They use Oil Analyzers Inc. I have used them several times with good results.

They are $32 for the prepaid USPS version. I don't know if that also includes shipping the kit to me.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: Jim_Beverlin
Amsoil test kits are $22.45. They use Oil Analyzers Inc. I have used them several times with good results.

They are $32 for the prepaid USPS version. I don't know if that also includes shipping the kit to me.

Yeah that the full monty non-PC price, all-ways shipping included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back