which transmission cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not routing the ATF through the radiator also removes a failure point. If something were to let go in the radiator and mix coolant with ATF, the strawberry milkshake is devastating to a transmission.

Both what my factory set ups have been and what my aftermarket cooler company instructed ...
Again, TruCool is engineered to bypass cold ATF and not impact the warm up period.

I looked at several companies besides mine:

Originally Posted By: Wagonmaster261
Not routing the ATF through the radiator also removes a failure point. If something were to let go in the radiator and mix coolant with ATF, the strawberry milkshake is devastating to a transmission.

Never seen that on a GMT800 platform truck....Even with a poorly maintained cooling system.

A little extra transmission cooling is no good reason to risk transmission failure.

Correct, I have never seen this happen on a GM product either, or even heard of it, but that's only where factory radiators are concerned. Lots of aftermarket radiators do it when brand new, let alone over time.

One of the things I liked about my auto Ram is that there is no sharing between radiator and transmission. It has its transmission cooler behind the intercooler and nothing else.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Thanks, i think i may go with the Hayden.

FYI-the small one GM sells works fine and is easier to install than the bigger ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back