Which one to keep?

Hello everyone!
This is a trick question...

Out of following two vehicles, assuming both are paid for which one you'd be more inclined to keep?

2022 Ford Maverick XL 2WD ~25k kms, stock.(no issues, squeaks and rattles since new, no rust, paint is really fragile though...)

1996 GMC Jimmy 2WD ~190k kms, stock mostly, MPFI injection retrofit, dead A/C compressor, rest is stock lol (no other issues, squeaks and rattles due to age, no rust, a few paint chips but nothing like the Maverick above...)

Just curious...

The Maverick but I have a soft spot for that generation blazer. I put 65,000 miles in 1 year on a 99'...true story.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
This is a trick question...

Out of following two vehicles, assuming both are paid for which one you'd be more inclined to keep?

2022 Ford Maverick XL 2WD ~25k kms, stock.(no issues, squeaks and rattles since new, no rust, paint is really fragile though...)

1996 GMC Jimmy 2WD ~190k kms, stock mostly, MPFI injection retrofit, dead A/C compressor, rest is stock lol (no other issues, squeaks and rattles due to age, no rust, a few paint chips but nothing like the Maverick above...)

Just curious...
This is BITOG. The Jimmy of course.

Although...
Get rid of both of them and buy a used Toyota.
man's got a point, I gotta agree with that.

You didn't see that on the test drive?
Nope, on a test drive the vehicle felt solid. After roughly first 10k kms various issues came up with the Maverick, most of them got addressed by a visit to a dealer, except for the rattle lol...

Back