Which oil is best per all testing criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another post that was locked got me to thinking. We will use 5W30 as the example. Factory or API/European certification not needed. Which oil of this viscosity represents the best measured numbers in a VOA? Most shear resistant, viscosity stable, great TBN....you get the picture. I am thinking something with a moderate dose of PAO/POE would stand out, but perhaps not. Price is no object. Remember 5W30 only, gas or diesel or airplane...whatever. Time to bring a little perspective to oils without hype. Feel free to shout out your favorite along with its test results.

Another post that was locked got me to thinking. We will use 5W30 as the example. Factory or API/European certification not needed. Which oil of this viscosity represents the best measured numbers in a VOA? Most shear resistant, viscosity stable, great TBN....you get the picture. I am thinking something with a moderate dose of PAO/POE would stand out, but perhaps not. Price is no object. Remember 5W30 only, gas or diesel or airplane...whatever. Time to bring a little perspective to oils without hype. Feel free to shout out your favorite along with its test results.

Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30

It's of course the oil that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside and that makes you purr like a kitten after going to sleep. The main testing criterion is peace of mind.

8c9zfh.jpg

We no longer need to ask why the original founders of BITOG banned any BEST threads

I’m can tell you for certain though…

The best retail store to buy Amsoil in my region… Napa at 2513 George Washington Memorial Hwy on Rte 17 northbound side of the road in Hayes Gloucester Va.

That guy had almost EVERY Amsoil product in their book in store at that location… No lie… He told me that and it was obvious he had a ton of Amsoil products in his Napa store. He had all kinds of Amsoil oils, transmission oils, diesel oils, gear oils, tractor hydraulic fluid, additives… It was frieking amazing. Full Cases and case of all of Amsoil motor oils… SS, XL . He was a really nice, good guy too. First time I have met him and he was great to talk to. He told me he sells $100,000 plus of Amsoil oils etc per year… I believe that with no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back