Which IGN Coil (COP) for 2012 Kia Soul! with 2.0?

Need to replace the coils on subject car. I want to put on good quality parts but like a deal when possible for those good quality parts.

RockAuto has among those listed as Daily Driver the below.
Hyundai OEM part for $43
Denso which is indicated as OE part for $40
Mando which is also indicated as the OE Part (Verbiage states, or at least seems to indicate, that Mando manufactures the part for Hyundai/Kia for $29
KARLYN / BREMI / STI 5147 for $22

Also they have listed as premium Delphi ($34), Hitachi ($30) and SMP Blue Streak ($24)

Comments on any of these appreciated. Is the Mando actual OE part?

Thanks

Thanks

Never heard of Mando either, but sounds great for the package.
1701401544839.jpg

I just had the front three coils replaced on my daughter's 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe with 238,000 miles (had a misfire in 1, so had 1, 3, and 5 all replaced so to avoid potential future labor with removing the intake manifold). Mando was the brand used, along with NGK iridium spark plugs.

HL Mando's North American operation is headquartered in Opelika, Alabama, and is a tier 1 supplier to Hyundai (Montgomery, AL.), Kia (Westpoint, Ga.), and BMW (Spartanburg, SC.). They're actually a huge operation but nowhere on the scale of Denso.

With that being said, I once bought some Mando quick struts from RockAuto for a Hyundai car and they were garbage. I learned the hard way not to dispose of the OEM parts before testing the replacement parts.

Need to replace the coils on subject car. I want to put on good quality parts but like a deal when possible for those good quality parts.

RockAuto has among those listed as Daily Driver the below.
Hyundai OEM part for $43
Denso which is indicated as OE part for $40
Mando which is also indicated as the OE Part (Verbiage states, or at least seems to indicate, that Mando manufactures the part for Hyundai/Kia for $29
KARLYN / BREMI / STI 5147 for $22

Also they have listed as premium Delphi ($34), Hitachi ($30) and SMP Blue Streak ($24)

Comments on any of these appreciated. Is the Mando actual OE part?

Thanks

Thanks
KARLYN / BREMI / STI are the bottom of the barrel, OEM, Denso or Hitachi. Never used Mando so I have no idea.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Ordered the Mando Coils and NGK Laser IR plugs from RA.
Good choices. You should be set for another 100k.

Just an anecdote here. When our 08 Accent lost 1.5 coils, I decided to replace all 4 (150k miles). Ordered a set of 4 alphabet brand coils from Amazon for like $30. We were a little short on funds at the time, and my initial plan was to replace the 2 bad and have the other 2 in the glovebox with the tools to change them (a 5 min task). Wound up putting all 4 in (and new harness) and keeping the 2 good old ones in the glovebox. Been 20k miles so far, and those 4 cheap coils are still rocking along. No loss of power or mpg, if anything the car got a bit of pep back.

No real point here, just tossing out an anecdotal "generic part from Amazon actually works well". If they give up the ghost, I'll go with Mando, like you.

Back