Which CLP product do you like and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mitsu4B11
I use Ballistol as a true CLP on all my firearms (meaning I use it for all three purposes), but I use a dedicated lubricant, in this case ALG Go-Juice, on my modern sporting rifle, as I've found Ballistol tends to flash off relatively quickly with extreme temps.

It cleans extremely well, assuming you have some patience and allow it to "soak" into carbon, it lubricates adequately in all the applications I've used it in (with the one exception mentioned above), and it protects metal from rust very well.

The one caveat with CLPs, is that while it can clean, lubricate, and protect, it doesn't do any of these tasks as great as a dedicated product could, but I've never been disappointed in its performance. It serves as a great all-around CLP, is safe on virtually all surfaces, and claims to "not contain ingredients considered hazardous by the FDA", which is a big bonus in my mind.

Ballistol is great, and I would highly recommend giving it a shot if you're looking for something new.

+1. My thoughts as well, though I run slip 2000 generally. Did buy some break free collector though to give it a try for firearms that don't get as much use.

I've used FrogLube for the past 6 years now. Some people don't like it because it's used differently than other lubes, but I've never had an issue and like the easy cleanup after range time.

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back