Where to get Amsoil 30w compressor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted to use Amsoil air compressor oil for years but didn't want to pay shipping for 1 quart of oil. I'm going to buy some other stuff from them anyway though, so I'd like to try a bottle of their 30w air compressor oil. Problem is they only sell it in 5 gallon buckets for $181. They sell 20w and 40w by the quart, why not 30w? Am I missing it somewhere?

What if I mixed a quart of 20w and a quart of 40w? :)

http://www.amsoil.com/a/Synthetic-Compressor-Oil-Lubricants

It is an oddity. Because the product is mainly for industrial customers who shop larger and buy with the ISO viscosity.

The question I ask is: what ISO viscosity do you really need?

Compare here at the bottom of the page: Compressor oil chart

Also, it's OK to mix 46 and 100.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
The question I ask is: what ISO viscosity do you really need?

Honestly I have no idea. All I know is my compressors ask for 30W ND oil, which I haven't seen for sale in years. I've been using 10w30 synthetic, which has worked fine...

Also, it's OK to mix 46 and 100.

Would you go so far as to say that would be basically the same thing as their 30w?

No don't use engine oil in your compressor. Too many additives.

I've heard this before, but what I don't understand, is how do the extra additives "hurt" the oil for compressor use? I know some piston compressors say to use Mobil 1 10w30.

Hmmm...I've been meaning to open up my compressor to see how it's wearing anyway. I've been running 10w30 Havoline synthetic and it seems to stay nice and clean...

When i bought my Quincy they guys that did the installation told me it needs only the most simple oil.There are no combustion gasses or fuel dilution.
My question is are the seals and gaskets compatible with the additives found in modern motor oils.

RL 30 runs well but it seems to work easier on Amsoil 20 iso 46.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back