Where do you keep your tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garage, old roll around 6 drawer cabinet with magnetic old spacers+ my Dads old Western Auto toolbox about 50 years old...don't use tools much anymore, most of them collect dust like me...

Everything used to be scattered in plastic bins and totes for the longest time. I've moved 3 times in the past couple years, but have finally settled into a place I really enjoy. When I first moved into this place they were all over the work bench I built. Recently found one of the Yukon boxes at Harbor Freight that was scratch and dent for a little over $200. It's not the best quality in the world, but it never moves and better than keeping my tools scattered. Never realized how many tools I had; the whole top drawer is sockets, extensions, ratchets, etc. and is almost not enough room. I've accumulated so much stuff since moving here December 2015. Having a garage to put it all in has been so nice. Here's a quick pic of my set-up.

UJHxOZr.jpg

Originally Posted By: Delta
Everything used to be scattered in plastic bins and totes for the longest time. I've moved 3 times in the past couple years, but have finally settled into a place I really enjoy. When I first moved into this place they were all over the work bench I built. Recently found one of the Yukon boxes at Harbor Freight that was scratch and dent for a little over $200. It's not the best quality in the world, but it never moves and better than keeping my tools scattered. Never realized how many tools I had; the whole top drawer is sockets, extensions, ratchets, etc. and is almost not enough room. I've accumulated so much stuff since moving here December 2015. Having a garage to put it all in has been so nice. Here's a quick pic of my set-up.

UJHxOZr.jpg

Like the heater. I use two propane "spot" heaters in mine.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Yea I borrowed it from work, it's a 125k btu unit which is way overkill for my garage. I wanted to stay warm doing the heater core in the truck this week. It went from 45* to 65* in a matter of minutes. I think I'm going to go with a 65k unit to use once I recoupe from the holidays. If it was mine I'd use the cheaper #1 diesel, but I can get #1 kerosene at any gas station in town for now.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: tig1

Yea I borrowed it from work, it's a 125k btu unit which is way overkill for my garage. I wanted to stay warm doing the heater core in the truck this week. It went from 45* to 65* in a matter of minutes. I think I'm going to go with a 65k unit to use once I recoupe from the holidays. If it was mine I'd use the cheaper #1 diesel, but I can get #1 kerosene at any gas station in town for now.

Diesel fuel smells bad for an enclosed area like a garage, that's why I went with propane spot heaters. I also use a 9K BTU kerosene heater that helps some as well on the coldest days.

I've got tools all over the place!

First pic at work, my newest toolbox
2nd pic at home in the garage, my old toolbox that i brought home from work when i upgraded
and 3rd pic at my parents detach garage that I do a lot of work out of, my old old box that i had from years ago

they are mostly organized but i to have some stray tools here and there, i need to go through and organize all my stuff at home again.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Pliers are brought inside the house for winter.

Why? Or am I missing a joke?

My tools are in a Snap-On box. I have outgrown it and am looking at the stuff from Harbor Freight; my wife bought a big box from there for her sewing/craft room: it's not bad and the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back