Where do oil change stickers go?

My take, someone dropped that sticker intentionally while pouring oil into the engine in an oil change shop. Or the video guy inserted the sticker into pickup to make a story.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKN
My take, someone dropped that sticker intentionally while pouring oil into the engine in an oil change shop. Or the video guy inserted the sticker into pickup to make a story.
All real possibilities.

Or the sticker inadvertently ended up in a funnel/container and was poured down the sump.

Or the sticker was stuck to the dispenser nozzle.

Stuff happens when shops are busy and in a hurry.

Last edited:
How does the ink on the oil change sticker last that long with detergent oil running over it all the time?

That's quite a feat! The Ford Mod-motor (4.6L/5.4L/6.8L) does not have large enough drain-back holes to allow it to go down via the path in the head. Certainly sufficient to let oil drain back, but to have a sticker that large somehow decide to conveniently get to the pan? No way. It would have to roll itself up into a tight cylindrical shape, then orient itself to the drain-back hole, and get flushed down. This simply didn't happen.

So in theory the only way it got to the pan was to have migrated from the oil-pour port in the valve cover, all the way forward towards the timing chain area, then to drop down the front of the block, but it would still have to get past the whirling mechanical timing set without being shredded? I find that incredibly hard to believe. That's quite a journey!

1681993002948.jpg

Back