What Toilet Paper Works Well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered my Motor Guard TP filter. I could use some recommendations on which type of TP I should use (and where do I get it, if not at the usual grocery stores).

How many plies?
Jumbo roll or standard?

I use Scott Kimberly Clark in my own equipment. I get it from www.Vikingop.com I unroll 10 rounds. Scott is always a safe bet. The Scott 1000 sheet in the grocery store is very high quality but it is about 50 rounds too large. You could measure about 1 3/8" out from the core and put a mark. Tell the family not to go past the mark. Any tightly wound roll will work. Some of the high quality paper we used in the 60s is junk now. What you use in a Motor Guard is critical because it is a compressing type filter. As the element is compressed it will try to pinch in the gasket. The advantage is the Motor Guard is the easiest to service of the toilet paper filters. On some of the forums I have heard people talk about using Scott Tradition. I havent unsed it but since it is Scott it is probably good.
At work I use whatever I find in the janitorial supply room. Normally anything from the janitorial supply is tightly wound. The new Motor Guards have nylatron seals that are designed to seal inside the newer 1 5/8" core. The weakness of some toilet paper filters has been the seal at the core. The old filters were designed for 1 1/2" core paper.

Ralph
burnout.gif

Grey,

Back in the 60s one ply usually meant loose wound junk and two ply usually meant quality. These days one ply can be a very high quality roll. All of the filter companies recommended two ply when I started.

Ralph
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back