what should i expect from water wetter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put water wetter in a '90 SHO I used to have.
In the summer, not much difference, winter the
heat gauge would hardly move off the cold peg.
Go figure.
Craig

Save your $$$$ WaterWetter is for race cars.

I used Redline WaterWetter when it was in a powered form.....it looked like the candy 'Nerds' and was pink in color.

There was ZERO drop in temps, I had a 1990 5.0 Mustang and was in Victorville CA (very hot temps at George AFB). I used 60% water....40% coolant.

The only thing it did was turn the bottom of the coolant overflow tank into black gunk.
confused.gif
Same thing with the liquid form of WW.

Doesn't anyone read the label, much less go to the mfg web site for more info? Assuming Redline Water Wetter, the bottle states it is primarily for use in systems that don't have antifreeze. If you read the charts, the best effect is obtained in systems that don't have antifreeze. It only provides a small overall effect in systems with antifreeze.

That said, I have used it because I felt it might help reduce the local temperature at some of the hotspots near the combustion chamber.

All the previous comments about not seeing much change due to low resolution factory gauges and the thermostat acting to maintain a even overall temperature are accurate, and just plain common sense. Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back