what products do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I currently have in my garage (I have not used all the products yet):

Wash: Boyds, Zymol
Pre-Wax/Polish: ClayMagic, Mothers Step 1 & 2, Meguiar's PlastX
Wax: Zymol Cleaner Wax, Prestone Synthetic, Black Magic Titanium, Mothers Step 3
Tires: Amorall Ultimate -- have to use it up:(
Interior: Sprayway Glass, 303, Mequiar's Vinyl & Rubber
Exterior Trim: Stoners Trim Shine (will also use in engine compartment.

Here's what I want to try, but I have too many other products to use: P21S wax, Klasse AIO, Liquid Glass

After many years of trying everything out there I finally settled on Griott's garage - for everything from wheels to paint to interior. Been a happy customer for 2 years now.

Jaykim81,

How do you like the Mother's Top Coat? I can't seem to find it in anywhere locally. Where'd you buy it from?

Car Wash: Meguiars Gold Class or DP Auto Bath Shampoo
Tire & Wheel Cleaner: DP Exterior Surface Cleaner
Drying: The Absorber
Clay: Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit
Glaze: Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze; but looking for something better possibly (used with PC 7424)
Polish: Poorboy's
Wax: Poorboy's Natty’s Paste Wax – BLUE
Sealant: Klasse Sealant Glaze
Trim Protectant: 303 Aerospace
Interior Cleaner: Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer
Leather: Woolite & Water for cleaning; Pinnacle Leather Conditioner
Healights & Tailights: Plexus Plastic Cleaner, Protectant & Polish
Glass: Stoner's Invisible Glass; however my new favorite is now pad DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner
Buffer: Porter Cable 7424

Ok, heres mine. I'm not obsessed or anything.

Wash: Zaino, Menzerna, Eimann Fabrik, Griot's (depends on mood, supply etc.)
Dry: Royal Velvet cotton towels (thats right, no microfiber)
Wheels: P21S, Eimann Fabrik Hi-Intensity
Wheel sealant: Klasse AIO
Tire dressing: Zaino
Engine cleaning: P21S Total Autowash
Engine dressing: 303
Clay: Zaino, Clay Magic
Polish: Poorboy's SSR, Menzerna, Klasse AIO
Glaze: Menzerna FTG
Sealant: Menzerna FMJ, Klasse SG, Zaino Z2Pro
Wax: S100, Menzerna HGAS, Eagle 1 spray Nanowax (after wash)
Trim (exterior): Zaino
Trim (interior): 303
Interior cleaner: 303, Griot's
Leather: Zaino, Leatherique
Plastic: Plexus, Klasse AIO
Glass: Eimann Fabfrik Clear Vision II (now, add microfiber) Glass Science Glass Scrub and Sealant
Buffer: PC7424 (what else)
Pads: Lake Country

Probably some minor stuff here and there but this is the bulk of it.

quote:

Originally posted by ZJ JIM 96:

Engine Bay: Simple Green diluted 50/50 with water and 303 Aerospace Protectant for shine

Jim,

Any problems with simple green and pitting on aluminum parts? A friend of mine heard that it can cause this and neither of us have wanted to see if the rumor was true.

Please search on the web for sportscarprotection It's a detailing place in England that does Zymol Royale Wax (U$7000 for around forty four ounces) and my Zymol Wax. Is there any place in the U.S that does this? For the Royale Wax they charge 400 Pounds for 16 hours of work, which I think is a bargain if you own super premium cars.

Wash: Armor All
Polish: Griots Garage Fine Hand
Wax: Griots Garage Best of Show
Glass: Windex
Tires/Trim: Armor all

I guess I'm a little bit snooty with a little redneck mixed in for good measure!!

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:

quote:

Originally posted by abimanyu:
Has anybody tried Black Fire products? I'm really curious on how good their products, worth getting or hype?

From what I have read on forums....hype.

Well the new Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection is supposed to be sort of an improved Menzerna FMJ and the BF Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish _is_ Menzerna PO106FF with some added lubrication... so those two products at least are far from what you could consider being hype.

quote:

Originally posted by chuck wood:

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:

quote:

Originally posted by abimanyu:
Has anybody tried Black Fire products? I'm really curious on how good their products, worth getting or hype?

From what I have read on forums....hype.

Well the new Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection is supposed to be sort of an improved Menzerna FMJ and the BF Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish _is_ Menzerna PO106FF with some added lubrication... so those two products at least are far from what you could consider being hype.

Blackfire is the private label of Classic Motoring Accessories (properautocare.com}
Maybe their new line of Blackfire product are better because their made by Menzerna but the old line was all hype.

For my silver color Honda:
Cleaner - Klasse AIO
Sealant - Klasse SG, Jeff's Jett
Wash - DP Waterless and QEW. If I shampoo (not often) I use Eagle One.
Tires - Mguires Hot Shine
Interior - Protectant 303 and Vinylx (vinyl) and Lexol (leather)
Quick Detailers - Jeff's Acrylic Gloss, FK425, PoorBoys Spray and Wash, Wolfgang spritz, Menzerna's High Gloss Acrylic Sheild, a home brew of 1 part Klasse SG and 3 parts distilled water.

Car Wash - Rain X
Bug Remover - Rain X
Clay - Clay Magic
Wax - Liquid Glass
Tires - Back to Black
Windows - Stoners in the foam spray can
Interior - Meguires
Qck Detail - Meguires

2000 GMC Yukon / 2005 Dodge Neon

I use Meguires stuff:
NXT Wax
Meguires Quick interior detail
Mothers vinyl protectant
Eagle One all wheel/tire cleaner (works great)
Simple Green (on wheels when out of E-1)
Meguires cleaner wax/Meguires Clay bar every year
Gold Glass car wash

Use Microfiber sponge to wash (brush on bugs in front)

Microfiber towel to dry/door jams/clean dash etc.

Found out that Meguires quick interior detail does a great job on windows, no streaks and water runs right off of it.

Clay Bar: Zaino
Swirl: Zaino
Wax: Zaino z5 & Z2 pro (+ZFX)
Detail: Zaino Z6 & Z8
Innards: Mequires interior detail
Leather: Zaino cleaner & treatment
Tires: undecided
Rims: Z2 Pro

Meguiars Gold wash
Meguiars Gold paste wax
Meguiars NXT spray wax as a booster/quick wax in between paste applications.
 -

Car detailing Routine/products (ideal)

Weekly/every two weeks
 Hand wash car. Use a quality car wash. IMO, most brand name car wash products seem about the same quality. Do not use dish soap unless you are removing ALL wax in preparation to sealing/waxing. Dawn is preferred. I use separate wash buckets. One bucket with two mitts for the wheels, tires and some lower body. The second bucket and two mitts for upper body. Use ALL cotton chenille mitts. I dislike car washes. Even so, I will use the best ones in the dead of winter.
 After washing, “flow” low pressure water over vehicle. Water will sheet off leaving less water to dry off. If possible pull car in garage or covered area. Dry/blot with microfiber drying towels. Be sure and dry wheels, tires and door jams.
 If needed, clean outside windows with glass cleaner as Invisible Glass. If wiped dry with microfiber, most windows will not need it.
 Wheel dressing - I prefer low shine. Many brands all seem to last a week or so. I currently use original water based Armorall. Spray on; wait 10 minutes and wipe/dry/buff off

Other as needed
 I use a high quality sealant/ topper-wax or carnauba wax every 6 to 8 weeks. I currently like Mother's Reflection sealant and Mother's Topper wax or I top the sealant with S100 carnauba or Poorboys' Nattys Blue. I use plush microfiber towels to wipe off.
 Bird excrement must be removed as soon as possible. I currently keep a bottle of quick detailer, a microfiber cloth, club soda and white vinegar in my trunk to remove the material as soon as I see it. Keeping your flat surface areas sealed or waxed will help.
 Clean/vacuum interior as needed. Use Aerospace 303 on dash and plastics as it has very low gloss on dash with high UV protection. Treat leather with Leatherique leather conditioner/cleaner once a year in summer. The summer heat helps its unique cleaning process.
 Gummi Pflege/similar rubber protectant on all door, hood and trunk seals to prevent sticking and on some BMWs reduce door squeaks. BTW, I have rubber winter mats.
 Aerospace 303 protectant with UV protection is good on exterior hard plastics as needed to keep color or low shine. Original water based Armorall is also used some. Spray on, set a few minutes and buff
 Clean engine with a cleaner such as gunk about twice a year. Cover electrical components with foil to reduce the possibility of damage. Use minimum amount of water. Do not steam or pressure clean an engine.
 Use Clay Magic Blue bar or a similar product to remove embedded debris from paint. Hand polish or use a random orbit polisher (ROP) about once/twice a year to remove light scratches. Then seal or wax. Always use as "minimal" or weak polish possible that does the job. I currently have IZ red (weak) and green (stronger). Scratch-X also works. All work well for spot polishing. Clear coat paint is very thin and scratch removal takes some off. Generally, if you feel a scratch with a fingernail, it cannot be completely removed.
 Use synthetic sealant on painted or clear-coated wheels. Wax will melt under heat generated by braking. Brake dust is corrosive and will damage painted/coated wheels if left on for an extended period. If brake dust is difficult to remove, use a wheel cleaner like Eagle A2Z. Follow instructions exactly. A clay bar can also be used to help remove embedded brake dust.
 Take car to Dent Wizard or similar paintless dent removal (PDR) shop when needed (let small ones collect) to remove dings. Fortunately, I get very few.

Stroll out to bug-covered water-spotted grimy conveyance.

Ponder effort to cleanse said conveyance.

Shrug shoulders while pondering: "Just gonna' get dirty again anyway."

Retreat to shanty and watch TV.

Repeat weekly.

Car wash: Auto Magic Wash & Wax. Best product I've ever used, and I've used a lot of 'em.

Clay: Clay Magic blue bar

Wheel Cleaner: Auto Magic MagNificent. Again, no equal at any price.

Tire dressing: Meguiar's Endurance gel...For now. It works pretty good, lasts, and has a pleasant grape smell.

Polish: Professional's Choice (Moore Oil) machine glaze. Old school water-based glaze that works well with a fine wool pad on a high-speed buffer

Glaze: Professional's Choice Sealer Glaze

Wax: Professional's Choice Liqid Carnauba Wax

Interior shampoo: Half a cup of liquid Tide laundry soap and water in the Thermax reservoir. Old detailer taught me this trick, and it works absolutely amazing. Better than any commercial interior shampoo out there.

Interior dressing: Auto Magic Super Dress-it cut ~50% with water.

Glass: Carquest aerosol glass cleaner that I get at work. Works as good as any of 'em.

Spray detailer: Northwoods One Touch spray wax. Get it at www.northwoodstm.com It's incredible!

Machine(s): Milwaukee variable speed buffer, Harbor Freight orbital polisher, NorthStar 1700 PSI pressure washer, and an old, tired Thermax machine for interiors.

Wash: Blue Coral or dish detergent (depends on what I need to remove) w/ microfiber towel
Dry: Cotton Towels only
Wheels: Wash with car, soap does the trick
Tire dressing: Meguiars Hot Shine!
Engine cleaning: Soap and Water
Polish: Hi-Temp Light Cut polish
Handpolish: Meguiars ScratchX for small jobs
Glaze: Meguiars #7
Sealant: Turtle Wax or #26 Meguiars
Spray Wax: RainX FastWax
Glass: Armor All glass cleanr or wipes (work best for me)
Buffer: PC7424!
Pads: Lake Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back