What makes this 2019 LEXUS GX GX 460 salvage a pass- look closely at the pictures

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
On the surface- this 2019 LEXUS GX GX 460 looks like a likely decent risk/ reward. Clear title, southern midwest car,, only 14k miles, damage doesn't look so bad.

Something in every single pictures tells a key piece of information why one should run from this car if putting this car efficiently on the road. I would consider this car for a fun rebuild, except for what the pictures tell.

28588663_1_I.jpeg
28588663_2_I.jpeg
28588663_3_I.jpeg
28588663_4_I.jpeg
28588663_5_I.jpeg
28588663_6_I.jpeg
28588663_7_I.jpeg
28588663_8_I.jpeg
28588663_9_I.jpeg
28588663_10_I.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm going to guess either the 3 year old date stamp and low miles, meaning the car has probably sat for 3 years or the RR door doesn't close

I don't see it in every picture but the wheels do not look centered in the wheel wells.

Yes, the car has been sitting for three years. That is a long time for fuel to be sitting through summer/ winter cycles. Especially if the tank was not full of fuel.....

Hit in the front, and the back door doesn't close-- the whole frame is cockeyed.
Could be, but these are full frame vehicles very ruggedly constructed. My speculation is frame is more likely than not ok. The read door looks possible that it twisted when hit and needs replacement, but damage may not be much deeper than that.

Jeff,

Back in rainy Washington state this morning. Rainy season started. Rainy season will end on or about next May...... OCONUS travels start in two weeks.....

That entire passenger side of the body is messed up. It must have been the right type of hit at the right angle at the right speed. It must have hit something solid?

Update the Lexus sold at auction last week for Winning Bid: $23,900.00. With fees likely about $26,000.

This should give some sense on how the used vehicle market is. STRONG.....

Update the Lexus sold at auction last week for Winning Bid: $23,900.00. With fees likely about $26,000.

This should give some sense on how the used vehicle market is. STRONG.....

Or an idea of how many people with more money than brains are out there.

Old fuel and sitting for three years would be the least of my worries. As others pointed out, the damage went from the front all the way to the back, even the rear bumper popped out. That is a substantial hit to the body and the frame.

It would likely never drive straight if someone put it on the road.

Back