What kind of cabin filter do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try one of those new "biofunctional" cabin filters

Mann Frecious Plus and Mahle Care Metix (part numbers starting with LAO -- yes, that's a letter oh, not the number zero)

The Mann FP media is yellow, while the Mahle counterpart is blue.

I like Fram the best as it has both carbon and baking soda in it and is a good value.

Wix/Napa Gold is my second choice for the good quality construction and carbon treated media.

definitely right choice cause pm2/pm2.5 is the real problem and protection in this filters are better compared to standard active charcoal one.
Mann FP is patented, Mahle-dind't found concrete info.
also check for Corteco/Freudenberg micron air blue.

Activated carbon Mann filter is the only way to go. Takes out smoke and diesel odor, among other smells, from the incoming air.

I stopped using the FRAM in cabin filters with the carbon because the airflow decreased a lot in both our vehicles. Sure it blocked out a lot of nasty stuff but it blocked the air also. Turning up full blast felt like it was halfway turned up and is making the A/C knit working overtime to push through the filter. I ended up going back to the basic $10 filters that have decent amount of pleats. Works better, cheaper and less wear/tear on the A/C unit.

FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin filters have activated carbon and arm and hammer baking soda to trap odors, not saying you car stinks or anything!

Originally Posted by crazy_raccoon
I stopped using the FRAM in cabin filters with the carbon because the airflow decreased a lot in both our vehicles. Sure it blocked out a lot of nasty stuff but it blocked the air also. Turning up full blast felt like it was halfway turned up and is making the A/C knit working overtime to push through the filter. I ended up going back to the basic $10 filters that have decent amount of pleats. Works better, cheaper and less wear/tear on the A/C unit.

Are you sure it was installed in the right direction?
explanation here
http://www.underhoodservice.com/vid...-backward/?eid=284513345&bid=2230002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back