What keeps you in touch with Grandparents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in a matriarchal whanau (extended family) which revolved around my grandmother - Nana was the centre of my life until she died in the '80's. I have no pictures or mementos of her, I don't need to, she left enough of herself in me to remain forever. She was divorced (not cool in the '30's), and Grandad was around, just not welcome. My mother's parents were non existant to us.

My kids had no grandfather's, both our fathers died young, but they had grandmothers. My granddaughter has one set of grandparents she sees all the time, she lives with us several days a week...and she has a great grandmother, that's pretty rare.

Originally Posted By: vavavroom
A séance is my only option.

lol.gif

I was probably a huge disappointment to my grands, doubt they'd show up for even one of those!

Memories. And the parents/uncles/aunts stories from when they where alive.
Does "hay granma" qualifies? It was my moms aunt who took her in as her daughter at a very young age...

My paternal grandparents are still alive. We get together several times a year, around holidays and birthdays. My maternal grandfather died before I was born. My maternal grandmother just died back in August, after a long, tough battle of dementia. I prefer to remember her as she was when I was a kid, before her brain started deteriorating.

This was quite easy for me, because my grand parents had been living near my house for whole my life, but 2 years ago they bought a little house(with the help of us), it is located on the west of Spain, in a little village...it is really calm and they feel totally relaxed there, i believe they deserve it! So, now we can meet with them only twice-thrice a year, but still they know how to use social networks and we can communicated via messengers and video calls. I love them and don't wanna loose this connection just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back