What "issues" do you just "live with" on your older vehicle?

What "issues" do you just "live with" on your older vehicle that you don't repair because you deem not worth it?

Please include year, make, model and mileage. I'll start.

2011 Mazda6, 157k miles
- Worn out 2nd gear syncro in the MT goes crunch if I shift from 1st to 2nd. I have to double clutch every time - I don't want to pay for a rebuild.
- Broken sunglasses holder door

83 Silverado 230K miles
- No heater, been that way for the last 30 yrs.
- Tired suspension, need all new bushings.
-Wiring, have stop lights/headlights but no driving lights, strictly a daytime driver.
- Wipers that work when they want to.
Various odds and ends that only I know so nobody else drives it.
Waiting to take it to AutoMechanic. :D :D :D

2014 Lexus - sunroof rattle, and I shut off the thing that automatically slides the seat back to get in/out because it sounds like peanuts underfoot, had Carmax fix every stinkin legitimate “broke” I could find under warranty.

2018 f150 - minor coolant leak, radio screen flips out when turning right over bumps, RR window switch flaky.

2015 CRV, wife’s. It is 100% factory functional.

- sunroof does not open
- remote locking not working
- driver seat recline adjust broken
- one of the speakers blown
- rear main seal dripping
- suspension needs work

2003 Accord V6 - P0420 - Catalyst inefficient. Only pops up every now and then. I can't be bothered to put new cats on it.

Paint is Honda Faded, drivers side seat is ripped.

Wife has been driving it and she treats cars like crap, so I've just decided that I'm going to let it be broke.

2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport, 82K
Upon startup, backing out of the driveway with steering wheel turned completely to the right, there can be a clunk-clunk-clunk. Cannot reporduce after 1 mile.

Tire Pressure Idiot light comes on for now reason at freeway speeds. Or not.

I love this car.
gs350.jpg

02 Silverado: Weak A/C, blower, musty smell from vents, inop drivers side power seat, clunk somewhere in the back end when taking turns, flaking clearcoat, piston slap/rattle when cold or at a certain RPM range.

Bullet holes (mk3 jetta) , lasted until 2012

bullet holes in the transmission pan (mk6 jetta 2.5)

smoke stained headliner 2.slow mk6

massive curb damage in the underneath, the lower radiator looks like somebody hit it.

99 GS400, 350k miles. Hazy headlight lenses could use some TLC or even replacement. The HVAC blend door actuators need replacing, but they're stuck in forward facing/blowing so it's not an issue 😆

The button on the hatch to open the hatch doesn't work.

When I find the time I will open it up. If I can replace the microswitch, I will. If I can't, it'll go back on broken. 🤷

Let’s see…

1999 Camry, 230k. Paint is shot but I bought it that way, so no big deal. Power steering pump seems cranky when cold. If it sits for a while (like overnight), I need to let it idle for 20 or 30 seconds in park before I move, otherwise it won’t properly engage drive. Has taken to leaving its mark on the world wherever it is parked, and best I can tell, just about every seal/gasket is acting up. Feathers the rear tires, not sure why. Rear defroster lines are all chewed up and thus it doesn’t work. I think the flexpipe is getting ready to fail again, and last time I looked, the CV boots were starting to look cracked.

2003 CRV, 163k. Seat rocks back and forth, I guess as soon as I want to kill a few hours I could pull the seat and replace the various bushings that wore out (it’s described on the forums and is “common”). Wanders on the highway and clunks over bumps: I think it’s the LCA bushing that is torn (that I might have fixed this winter). AC does not blow cold if the vehicle is not moving. Not sure on oil burning rate but it’s using oil, probably a quart per 1k.

2011 Camry, 229k. From day one second gear syncro has been wonky. It’s better when it warms up a bit. Shakes on the highway, I suspect it needs struts and a full suspension rebuild.

2011 Sonata hybrid 90k mi
- Driver side auto window will stop in half way when try to close, looks like it thinks something is in his way. Use some silicon spray lube and the problem ease a little bit, before 8 out of 10 times it will stop, now 2 of 10. However if you pressure test it by doing up/down multiple time in a row, it will back to the beginning.
Would be happy if someone could give me some ideas why it happens.
- Aluminum rim clear coat chipping away and start rusting. Consulted on BITOG and decides it's not an issue.
- Broken fog light brackets on the fender. Lights stay in same slot but no longer secured.

2009 Toyota Camry 227k miles
Driver door buzzes with every bass hit. Tried to fix and gave up. Resting my knee against the door stops it.
Bad vibration at idle with AC on. No luck on internet searches for repairs, and don’t care to dig into it.
Oh, and the AC is fine unless it gets really hot. Then it just takes the discomfort away, but not really cools the car. It’s fine enough for me, but we take our van when it’s hot out and I have a passenger.
The paint has scratches I’d like to try buffing out, but don’t own a buffer so I don’t.

Attachments

• 87EE8269-22AC-4166-AC46-F4A39C8597F8.jpeg
    87EE8269-22AC-4166-AC46-F4A39C8597F8.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 28
Back