What is your shops HDEO bulk oil?

The company I work for now uses MFA 15w40. It used to be T3 15w40 years and years ago. Last shop was Rotella, then a house brand from a local oil supplier, and now Schaeffer 15w40. Once my farm shop is set up it will be Schaeffer there too.

My gosh ... that's a lot of oil. I hope your office staff is getting a great deal on that much bulk!
I think it’s like 10 or 11 dollars a gallon in bulk, but maybe it’s went up. We get pallets of the same oil in gallon jugs for when drivers need top off or if the equipment needs topped off in between servicing. I’m sure the gallons jugs are a few dollars more.

Last edited:
We keep Rotella T1 and T4 in stock for customer oil changes, 15W-40 even in cold weather. All of our lease fleet get winter prep, grill covers and block and fuel tank blankets.
We get a rebate from SOPUS if we buy through Navistar, so it just makes sense. Had to do a short run of Delvac when the supply of Rotella was slim.

I used to work as a lube tech for a Chevy dealership, the 15w40 they had in our bulk tanks was Chevron delo 400. The 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 was all AC Delco brand.

The trucking company I retired from was using Castrol Tection 15-40 when I started with them in 2004. In 2009 they changed to Mobil Delvac 1300 15-40 After the change our DPF problems reduced dramatically. That’s what they still use as far as I know. We always got it in drums and used cans to transfer it. PIA

Today at Rural King I saw 5 gallon pails of Rotella T3 “fleet” 15w40 for $82.99. What’s difference between this and T4?

Thank You

The company I worked for used Delo in every company owned [ pickups, semis company cars and what ever] and customer owned forklifts etc we serviced.

Oil

Attachments

• 6CF7AB8C-E0C1-4EF4-9002-FE3D6A3DC9F7.jpg
    6CF7AB8C-E0C1-4EF4-9002-FE3D6A3DC9F7.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 19
Back