What is TP and transmission fluid change interval with Frantz filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acccording to Toyota's recommendation for 2003 Echo, the transmission fluid should be replaced after 60k miles of service. With a Frantz transmission filter and regular TP changes and addition of fresh fluid,

1. how long can I keep the fluid before changing it? Or does it ever needs changing?
2. what will be the TP change interval?

The Echo is equipped with a standard factory transmission cooler that resides at the bottom of radiator.

quote:

Originally posted by sifan:
Acccording to Toyota's recommendation for 2003 Echo, the transmission fluid should be replaced after 60k miles of service. With a Frantz transmission filter and regular TP changes and addition of fresh fluid,

1. how long can I keep the fluid before changing it? Or does it ever needs changing?
2. what will be the TP change interval?

The Echo is equipped with a standard factory transmission cooler that resides at the bottom of radiator.

I just replaced the element in my Trans Frantz at 8,000 miles and it was full of metal... When I ran my finger across the top of it, it had a very fine gritty feel to it.. And the whole filter in general had a reddish/greyish/blackish look to it.. I'd say Change the element between 5,000 and 10,000 miles.. You can always inspect it too along the way! If it looks dirty than replace it. Thats what I usually do.

Based on your inputs I will replace the TP every 5k miles, and change the transaxle oil after 60k miles. I guess the bypass filters only filter oil a lot cleaner, but, won't make it last forever.

"No more oil change with a bypass filter" is merely a sales pitch. If something is too good to be true, it probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back