What is the BEST air filter in terms of Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can you find the Wix Napa Gold filter? Isn't that flow restrictive? Also, I have heard they have some build quality problems? Is this true?

id like to know....i know napa is sold by napa auto parts heheh..**** i dont want a real restrictive filter....o i guess ill go with stp...

I checked with Donaldson, they only make filters for Corvettes and a few others. They do not make them for Fords. I guess I will check with Baldwin...

donaldson makes filters for all cars i just called donaldson and asked them who sells donaldson in denver area..then went and picked up my filters.. or just get on their site and click on the where to buy button....anyways i decided to use baldwin filters because they filter 99.9% and flow at 650-750cfm..

Hey Guys,
I'm using a Amsoil(UNI)Filter on my 00' Silverado. My oil analysis came back the first time at 13,000 miles with a silicon# of 40, the second time at 23,000 miles with a silicon# of 17.
I'm using Amsoil 0w-30 Series 2000 motor oil on both these samples with 12 months on both as well.
My question is are these high numbers of silicon?

Tony
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TonyG:
Hey Guys,
I'm using a Amsoil(UNI)Filter on my 00' Silverado. My oil analysis came back the first time at 13,000 miles with a silicon# of 40, the second time at 23,000 miles with a silicon# of 17.
I'm using Amsoil 0w-30 Series 2000 motor oil on both these samples with 12 months on both as well.
My question is are these high numbers of silicon?

Tony
dunno.gif

The first one was pretty high for only 13k, however could some of that silicon been gasket material from any repair work? Seems odd that the 13k run would have 40ppm while the 23k run had only 17ppm. That second run isn't bad at all, looks like the filter is doing ok.

No, no repair work at all. I'm wondering if the air filter was seated properly, I imagine it was since I was able to the lid on without any trouble and it appeared to be seated ok.

Tony

id like to contact them boxcartmmie22. i want to see if they have a filter for my honda accord. can u give me their email address.?

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
donaldson makes filters for all cars i just called donaldson and asked them who sells donaldson in denver area..then went and picked up my filters.. or just get on their site and click on the where to buy button....anyways i decided to use baldwin filters because they filter 99.9% and flow at 650-750cfm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back