what is the angle on these ebay battery purchases

in the last 2 months i have placed 3 orders for small button batteries from ebay . lr44 's . all three times they say its been sent ,but all three times they fail to arrive. all three times i message them and they give me a refund without question .

i could understand one or even two times happening, but three times is a pattern. all of them were ordered via different sellers in different listed states .

So what is the play here? or could it be my mail person ?

I ordered a small button cell from amazon. For my car remote. It was name brand and from prime and they sent the wrong battery two times. They got it right the third time. Idk why it was so hard.

Odd, I've ordered a ton of coin cells from Ebay always show up on time.

Watch, my latest order will be a no-show.

There are literally tons of eBay sellers who use different ID's on there and ship from multiple locations too. You can usually tell by the format they used on their page, typically all the same pictures and wording only the company name is changed.

eBay actually does allow this sort of thing, allowing people to have multiple stores on there.

The shipping message is likey automated. They probably have many items in stock to keep their rating at a certain level, and other items that they do not keep in stock at all on purpose. If it's a small $ value, they could be hoping you just don't request the refund.No different than a panhandler who might get a dollar every 100 cars or so. Multiply that by having many ebay accounts, it adds up.

The timely refund also keeps their rating elevated as its human nature to still praise the seller for the quick response (i.e. refund).

Back