What is good PEA based cleaner for 2023.

10-4
Yeah Redline and Gumout are similar price per ounce ~$1/ounce and have similar PEA level ~25-30%.
So yes you are good with Redline.
Gumout has lower pea % by up to 10 % and lower treat rate regane 19 from 21 and all in one from 35 gallon to 25 gallon and Techron concentrate plus lower concentration because inflation even redline lower pea % . Still Techron concentrate plus best when you get for bogo.

RoyalPurple MaxClean
Amsoil PI
STP 5 in 1
Lubegard Fuel Booster
3m Fuel system cleaner
Lucas Deep Clean or their Complete
BG 44k

Don't get hung up on PEA. Plenty of other chem can clean injectors and reduce carbon deposits. Berryman HEST and Seafoam are a couple others too.

And, if you don't want to buy any product, just go to Shell and fill up with their vpower nitro+ premium fuel, which has 7x the cleaning agents when compared to Fed standards(EPA fuel). Its easier than throwing darts at the numerous products available.
Did Lucas complete fuel treatment has pea ? How much

Did Lucas complete fuel treatment has pea ? How much
Deep Clean Fuel system cleaner lists 10-30%PEA.
Complete Engine treatment lists 0.5-5% Hydrocarbyl amine

So, i would only consider the deep clean if its PEA you're after.

Redline Si-1
People are welcome to consider I'm full of it but I purchased a 09 Accord last year, 200k miles, but it was $800. Needed a bit of work, 2 struts, a wheel bearing, pads all round, and 2 rotors.

Granted for the price I considered it very much worth while, so I jumped on it. I don't regret it however I did learn the car was getting about 21 highway (90% highway driving). It was also burning oil, car had a very high negative fuel trim, I replaced the coils, spark plug, oxygen sensor, and PCV to try and help with some of these issues.

Absolutely no change what so ever, so I than turned to gumout, ran two tanks of their regain, nothing, ran Berryman, nothing, I tried a bottle of Gumout Multisystem Tune-up .. still nothing. Long term fuel trim anywhere from -15% to -19% short term normally sitting around -12%, and this stayed constant after doing the tune up.

Give plugs/oxygen sensor made no difference I looked at the MAF, wasn't giving me any issues, still I cleaned it. The car was still sitting at 21 highway, and I was to the point I was suspecting fuel injector issues. I tried Redline Si-1 because I knew it had a higher dose of PEA and figured not much to lose at this point.

That very first tank I got 23mpg (mostly city driving), later tanks 25mpg 90% highway, I've put about 6 tanks of gas in the car since using Redline Si-1 and 25mpg has stayed true. I did try a second bottle of the stuff just out of curiosity, didn't make any difference.
My conclusion is Redline Si-1 did something no other cleaners I tried could do, it made a difference in the car, fuel trim fell back in line (not perfect) but rarely above -7 -10 long term. Could it have been a combination of all these cleaners back to back? Possibly, they might have all done something before trying Redline Si-1 only for it to get the credit.

But I ran multiple tanks of gas through this car and never got better than 21.5mpg (90% highway driving to work) car's rated 30, it was getting well below, I do know I will never get 30 but 25mpg average after maybe 8 tanks straight is a difference, and every tank after has been far better than even my best tank before using it.

I measure MPG but mileage travelled, divided by refill gallons.

I bought a Macan S that a bouncy idle until very warmed up and I guess the ecu had a chance to adapt.

Halfway through a Si-1 treatment it became 90% less bouncy. I never believe in miracle in a bottle but this stuff def does something.

Back