What Harbor freight tools do you give 5 stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep Impact Metric Socket Set
4 ton port-a-power
4 1/2" grinder
Composite ratchet, 1/4" & 3/8"
All good.

6" digital calipers, dial too
Free DMM's
44" US General cabinet
$99 engine that's was used to re-power my 30y.o. snowblower (Greyhound at the time)

Oscillating multi-tool - makes home renovation substantially easier.

Backpack pump sprayer - Works great and lets you DIY herbicides.

4.99$ boxes of 100 5mil Nitrile Gloves.

its not a tool, but you can't find the same thing cheaper really anywhere.

impact sockets , Hercules drill, the $ 20 Sawzall...like someone else said , I abused that tool and it still keeps going
7 mil nitrile gloves , just cant beat them for the price

Originally Posted by eljefino
^ Yeah that 25% coupon is the best thing they offer.
lol.gif

Yeah but its only good for the day you can't show up there.

I like all the nice plastic boxes for assortments.

Earthquake 1/2 air impact outshines my $300 I.R. by about 500%. Their combination Pittsburgh lifetime wrenches are better than my Craftsmen and not quite as good as my Mac tools or Snap on combos. Just bought a 1/4" battery powered driver that is substantially better than my Bosch but won't know for a few years whether it will hold up as long as my 5 year old Bosch.

Originally Posted by 4WD
I don't support China Freight

Getting harder and harder to find stuff built here. Are there any power or pneumatic tools still manufactured in the U.S.?

I also like their disposable gloves. Great bang for the buck when bought with a discount coupon.

Pittsburgh 18" breaker bar and Pittsburgh 1/4 and 3/8 Composite Ratchets are way better than my old Craftsman ratchets.

Clamp on swivel vise is small but works really well for what I do with it.

I can give them five stars but I"m sure someone that uses these types of tools hard and everyday probably wouldn't.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Their cheapest corded reciprocating saw for under $20. Used it to cut up a Chevy Cruze before taking to a scrap yard, Thought I would sell the saw on Craigslist afterwards, but it did so good I'm keeping it.

Cut up a Chevy Cruze? Seems a bit early for one to head to the scrap yard.......
frown.gif

I have nearly a dozen 4-1/2" angle grinders with various wire wheels, cutting wheel, grinder wheels, for $20 each.
Only one has had a bad switch, some are over 10 years old now.

2 HP 8 gallon air compressor, also over 10 years old and still work great.
Various hydraulic floor and bottle jacks.
MANY freebie volt meters, flashlights, scissors, 4-in-1 screwdrivers, etc.
Extension cords
Impact sockets
Step drill bits (unibits)
Sliding Radial Arm saw
Air brad nailing gun
Ratchet straps
Log chains
Bench Grinder
8" wooden handscrew clamps
Quite a few others

I have two of the Daytona three ton floor jacks. The yellow one and a low profile. Both are excellent. Impact sockets, excellent. I just bought my son a ball peen hammer and a dead blow hammer and they're every bit as nice as more expensive tools.

I needed a 1/2" low speed spade handle drill for mixing mortar. Got one from HF for $40 (with the coupon of course). Works fine and hasn't let the smoke out yet. A comparable Dewalt/Ridgid/Makita is 4x as much. Just for occasional DIY purposes but I'm ahead even if I have to replace it a few times
grin2.gif

jeff

I like my Pittsburgh 3/8 drive socket wrench. I've already tested the lifetime warranty, and they swapped my well worn one with a new one no problem. I have their Quinn twelve point 3/8 drive sockets, which seem very well made. Their warrior sawzall blades last as long as name brand blades. Their hardy rubber coated work gloves worked pretty well when I was scrapping and doing brush/trash removal, considering the media I was handling. I'm sure I've got other tools of theirs I'm not thinking of at the moment. Overall, no complaints.

Originally Posted by Red91
I like my Pittsburgh 3/8 drive socket wrench. I've already tested the lifetime warranty, and they swapped my well worn one with a new one no problem. I have their Quinn twelve point 3/8 drive sockets, which seem very well made. Their warrior sawzall blades last as long as name brand blades. Their hardy rubber coated work gloves worked pretty well when I was scrapping and doing brush/trash removal, considering the media I was handling. I'm sure I've got other tools of theirs I'm not thinking of at the moment. Overall, no complaints.

I saw those Quinn sockets last time I was there. They looked to be very well made. Made in Taiwan and not China or India.

Orange $2 work gloves. They don't have the gorilla fingers the white ones have and actually fit reasonably well . They hold up about as well and long as anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back