What Feul Treatment should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a bottle of REGANE in the tank of gas just before my oil change. Does it work
21.gif
but I've never had any fuel related issues in over 25 years.

Lucas is really just oil. No detergents.
Gumout, STP, Techron, Prestone, Vavoline all contain detergents. There are two types of detergents that will work. PIB detergents work at lower concentrations but only clean the front end (fuel injectors, intake valves, etc). PEA detergents will clean the combustion chamber area as well as the other areas, but require higher levels of detergent. I believe that Techron, STP Complete, and Gumout Regaine complete all use the PEA detergent. If you are only going to add a fuel cleaner at oil changes, I would choose one of these. There are several gasoline companies that put in good levels of detergent. They meet the top teir gasoline standard. You can look them up online. Their gas will keep your injectors cleaner longer.

I don't know if Shell V-Power Fuel Sys Cleaner has PEA in it, but its on clearance for $2 at PepBoys

Last edited by a moderator:
So do you guys think the top tier Chevron gas with techron is worth the extra dime per gallon?

Originally Posted By: rewote500
So do you guys think the top tier Chevron gas with techron is worth the extra dime per gallon?

I suspect why Amsoil or Gumout recommends 3-4,000 miles fuel cleaner to maintain fuel system cleanliness. This may reflect those that don't use top tier gas.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I don't know if Shell V-Power Fuel Sys Cleaner has PEA in it, but its on clearance for $2 at PepBoys

I just saw this too... is it worth $2. I almost bought it but I wanted to see the MSDS first.

Two questions. Has anyone used fireball by castle as an oil additive? What is everyone's thoughts on acetone? I used to use it, but quit out of fear of engine damage.

MMO mixed with STP red bottle. Dosage and mixture depends on the vehicle. 2/4 ounces works for our Escape and 2/4 ounces works for the Festiva.. still perfecting the dose though. STP cleans MMO removes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Originally Posted By: rewote500

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries...nterstitialskip

If you read the article on what Shell(test) states what was the condition on the fuel? Was Shell using fresh gas in it's test other brands store fuel. It makes a difference.

For my truck which I drive on the weekends and my car on the work days I usually use Chevron with "Techron" and sometimes put in an extra bottle as an extra measure.

Is it worth the extra dine??? Out here in California where supreme gas is practically $3.50/gallon and still rising pretty fast it isn't worth it when it hits $4.oo/gallon. In that case I'll use Arco/Cosco gasoline and put in a bottle of Techron every other month.

Durango

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back