What Factors Are Swaying EV Adoption in the U.S.?

It is very nice looking all in black the way I viewed it. Do they really weigh a lot more than ICE or is that some hype?
Big fat battery. Teslas are pig heavy; there is no way around it. Having said that, the center of gravity is really low so the handling is planted; it sticks! Are they that much heavier? No, I don't think so.
Go take a test drive.

Tesla Model 3 Long Range & Performance - 4,065 pounds
Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus - 3,582 pounds

BMW 3 Series - 3,582 to 4,138 pounds

Big fat battery. Teslas are pig heavy; there is no way around it. Having said that, the center of gravity is really low so the handling is planted; it sticks! Are they that much heavier? No, I don't think so.
Go take a test drive.

Tesla Model 3 Long Range & Performance - 4,065 pounds
Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus - 3,582 pounds

BMW 3 Series - 3,582 to 4,138 pounds
Heavy but sounds like some really lower numbers than we were originally all led to believe. I do keep in mind there are some wild claims made by both sides in the EV vs ICE wars that it appears we will all face at some point down the road (pun intended). There are ICE vehicles, trucks along with some SUVs that come in at comparable weights. A simple ICE 1/2 ton rated pick up weighs in near 5000 according to Ford + Chevy. My last Chevelle (a 76 model) weighed in just under 4000. The original ICE Hummers came in between 5500 & 9500 . The new planned Hummer EVs are estimated to come in near 10500. So for sure some work needs to be looked at so attempts can be made to get all of those numbers down simply for better cost savings and use. Seems the weight issue is not near the game changer some make it out to be while over looking several other comparables. I still feel the need for a hybrid first if I ever have to get out of the ICE rides.

Heavy but sounds like some really lower numbers than we were originally all led to believe. I do keep in mind there are some wild claims made by both sides in the EV vs ICE wars that it appears we will all face at some point down the road (pun intended). There are ICE vehicles, trucks along with some SUVs that come in at comparable weights. A simple ICE 1/2 ton rated pick up weighs in near 5000 according to Ford + Chevy. My last Chevelle (a 76 model) weighed in just under 4000. The original ICE Hummers came in between 5500 & 9500 . The new planned Hummer EVs are estimated to come in near 10500. So for sure some work needs to be looked at so attempts can be made to get all of those numbers down simply for better cost savings and use. Seems the weight issue is not near the game changer some make it out to be while over looking several other comparables. I still feel the need for a hybrid first if I ever have to get out of the ICE rides.
Are they updating the Hummer EV and going even heavier? The current one is already 9,200lbs.

Back