What did you have for Thanksgiving dinner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just had steak + mashed potatoes + gravy and red wine for Thanksgiving dinner. We didn't have turkey for a long time because it took us more than 2 weeks after Thanksgiving to finish the turkey some years ago. Since then we had something else for Thanksgiving dinner, one year we had roasted duck, another year we had deep fried chicken.

Turkey (breast, not whole thing), mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cornbread casserole. We are planning on having prime rib for christmas. Yum. Oh apple, pumpkin pie too.

what didnt I have... Holy Cow!

Turkey. Stuffing. Sweet Potato mashed potato. Pumpking pie and a sliver of cheese cake

Normal fixens.......My belly is about to burst......
sweet potatoes, white turkey, cranberries, pie/w whip cream, mash totoes, olives.

Can't eat nearly as much as I used to when I was a youngin.

Last edited:
Turkey, down-home southern home cooking. Yum!

By the way, What do TSA agents prefer to eat for Thanksgiving meal? ...Turkey breast? Smoked Butt?

Roast leg of local lamb with plenty of rosemary, garlic, etc.

Gravy made from the lamb juice with a hint of Jack Daniels added to it.

Rice.

Red wine.

Delish!

My family is on the other side of the country.
My friends are out of town.
I had a small bag of Funyuns, a couple slices of of processed Turkey on a Tostada with some Hotsauce.

And I am halfway through a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.

A non holiday for me.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Turkey, down-home southern home cooking. Yum!

By the way, What do TSA agents prefer to eat for Thanksgiving meal? ...Turkey breast? Smoked Butt?

Boston butt, with redeye gravy. Yeast rolls, mountain oysters.

I cooked a free range, vegetarian fed, no additives, hormones etc turkey from Whole Foods. They are much better than the standard turkeys but more expensive. Mashed sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, stove top stuffing, green beens and dinner rolls. Also pies, mince pie, pumpkin and peach.

We had a store bought turkey and a wild turkey I took two days ago. Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, corn casserole, sugar cream pie, apple pie and blackberry cobler...

had my official dinner on monday, working overtime and our company let us order food to go, i ordered a turkey dinner and split it with my wife, just the right amount.

today we had a lot of left over from a few days ago, and it's great without doing the cooking.

A bunch of good indian food... and a tiny piece of turkey breast, just so that I could say I ate turkey on Thanksgiving day.
smile.gif

Turkey, ham, stuffing, cranberry sauce, potato salad, peas, fruit salad, rolls, chicken and dumplings, squash casserole, candied yams, mashed potatoes, pecan pie, blackberry bars, potato pie, flan, and some other stuff I can't remember.

I baked the ham and made the flan my wife did the blackberry bars and cranberry sauce.

Oh, yeah, and I washed it down with sweet tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back