What brand of steering rods for 2003 Ford E150 wagon?

IMG_2964.JPG

Will be looking for:

Right and left tie rod ends
Right inner rod (AKA drag link)
Left inner rod (AKA center link)

Any suggestions for replacements not made in China? Mevotech and MAS are out just for that. What about Moog, TRW, Delphi. I'd go with Motorcraft but the left inner rod is NLA and I prefer one brand for everything.

Also, do those tie rod adjusters need replacing? Can't imagine they wear any.

OK, I called Moog and they said those parts are made in the USA. Ordered one tie rod end from Home Depot and the rest from Rock Auto for the lowest overall delivered price. I see the Home Depot receipt says "Unbranded" although the part number is Moog as well as the photo in the description. What do you think will they send? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Steering-Tie-Rod-End-ES3342R/307878306#overlay

It looks like all the inner tie rods have those stupid grease fittings and no sealed option is available :poop:

At least there are some sealed outer tie rods for your E150, but Moog has the hole :sneaky:

Generic parts have flown under brand name part numbers for decades. White box rotors used to come with four brand name part numbers! As Intel and AMD found out in court, you can't trademark a number (586) so Intel came up with Pentium(tm).

You may need adjusters if the old ones are frozen with rust. They twist rather easily if you try to pry them, which of course means they're broken and unsafe.

Generic parts have flown under brand name part numbers for decades. White box rotors used to come with four brand name part numbers! As Intel and AMD found out in court, you can't trademark a number (586) so Intel came up with Pentium(tm).

You may need adjusters if the old ones are frozen with rust. They twist rather easily if you try to pry them, which of course means they're broken and unsafe.
My laptop has the Pentium Silver processor. Is that good? It suffices my needs.

Back