What "Brand Name" do you associate most with quality product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Lodge Cast Iron

Really? Prefer that pebbly surface eh? (I've been putting off taking mine to a body shop to have them sand the interior surface smooth).

Originally Posted by sloinker
Harbor Freight
Sparkomatic
Kraco
Amsoil
Black Label Beer
Apple
Yugo
Goldstar
Globemaster Tools
Toyota

I'm still laughing at Harbor Freight, Sparkomatic, Kraco, and Yugo...

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Lodge Cast Iron

Really? Prefer that pebbly surface eh? (I've been putting off taking mine to a body shop to have them sand the interior surface smooth).

Mine are about two years old and smooth as well anything. Took many nights of cooking, seasoning, etc, but now are all fine.

Lodge Cast Iron

Mine are about two years old and smooth as well anything. Took many nights of cooking, seasoning, etc, but now are all fine.

As long as they are Made in USA. Lodge also sells Chinese cast iron stuff.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Lodge Cast Iron

As long as they are Made in USA. Lodge also sells Chinese cast iron stuff.

Usually the regular raw cast iron stuff is USA made. The Ceramic Coated stuff is usually not.

They do have pebbily surfaces when you first get them. A trip in an oven on self clean mode first off to get the factory season off, then a few trips in the oven for seasoning, paired with consistent cooking, you'll get a mirror finish.

At least old school I know these brands were excellent:

Ralph Lauren
Paul Mitchell
Nexxus
Sony
Mitsubishi
Nissan

Mitsubishi made some killer monster stereo receivers in the 70s-80s.

Gonna be weird and throw in "Supertech" and "Great Value" (or "Sam's Choice").

WM's private label brands deliver really good value, consistently. This to me is quality because it means I can buy without hesitation and know I'll get something that works.

WM is still the 100 ton gorilla in retail, so any business that gets a contract with them is going to deliver on results. It isn't worth screwing up or skimping on manufacturing because that's a massive contract to lose.

Agree - and in Texas our HEB stores have some really good store brand items mixed in with name brands and local brands - so HEB is a name I trust

Carhartt
Salomon boots/shoes
Polk Audio
Toyota
Honda bikes
Smith Brothers furniture
Hellman's mayo

Originally Posted by 4WD
Agree - and in Texas our HEB stores have some really good store brand items mixed in with name brands and local brands - so HEB is a name I trust

HEB brand is probably the best.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
When you see the brand name, and know it's good. It is very difficult anymore since many companies sold out, and slap their brand name on crap.

For me, it would be HONDA.

Miele
Cisco
Juniper
3M
Mobil 1
Ravenol
CAT
CADEX
Bryston
Bowers & Wilkins
Paradigm
Snap-On
Michelin

I'm sure I could think of a few more.

Funny, that's what I thought too, until I bought one.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Funny, that's what I thought too, until I bought one.

Underrated post. This x1000

HONDA = Had One, Not Driving Another.

Talk about a maintenance nightmare. Have to nearly disassemble the entire front end to accomplish anything beyond an oil change or air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back