What are you listening to right now?

Second song from the new album from First Night. A good slow melodic rock sound on this one. The record will be out some time in the first few months of 2020.

This is about as close to modern day Prog as I get. I like this band and listen to them often. It's hard to put a label on their sound or give a real accurate description of it. Kind of like Dream Theater meets Tangerine Dream and Yes all at once. This is a great song here, especially for a live recording.

Buckwheat Stevenson, 1973. I prefer this to the Three Dog Night version personally, though it is awesome, too.

Last edited:
A leaked alternate vocal version of Runnin' With The Devil, it is said to be from the original 24-track tapes from the first Van Halen album recording sessions. It is supposed to have been leaked by a "mystery man", who knows who he is or where he is from. I don't care for Dave's alternate vocals on this, it sounds like he is stoned out of his mind but Mike and Ed's background vocals really stand out and sound great. Alex's drums sound more crisp and a bit louder. Ed plays an extended solo but it is pretty close to the one on the record. All in all it's cool. As big of an original VH fan as I am, I would not buy this but it is cool.

Originally Posted by Jimmy9190
A leaked alternate vocal version of Runnin' With The Devil, it is said to be from the original 24-track tapes from the first Van Halen album recording sessions. It is supposed to have been leaked by a "mystery man", who knows who he is or where he is from. I don't care for Dave's alternate vocals on this, it sounds like he is stoned out of his mind but Mike and Ed's background vocals really stand out and sound great. Alex's drums sound more crisp and a bit louder. Ed plays an extended solo but it is pretty close to the one on the record. All in all it's cool. As big of an original VH fan as I am, I would not buy this but it is cool.

It's quite amazing how fast they scurried to take this down. What are they afraid of? this will hurt sales of the "Official album version"? SMH...

Back