Weed eater recommendations?

do not buy any stihl. worst brand of the commercials. constant problems -cheap flimsy parts that break and parts only aval at a dealer. garbage 4mix
I'm not a fan of 4mix but I'll put my FS240 against any trimmer for power and it will eat them up.

Good choice, enjoy!
Thanks, can't wait to test it out tommorow. I went ahead and sprung for the big jug of echo red armor too, it should last me awhile and I don't want to worry about additives in pump gas. We do have some marinas about 30 minutes away, I'll try to get some pure gas there when I run out.

Thanks, can't wait to test it out tommorow. I went ahead and sprung for the big jug of echo red armor too, it should last me awhile and I don't want to worry about additives in pump gas. We do have some marinas about 30 minutes away, I'll try to get some pure gas there when I run out.
Good plan! If I didn't go through so much gas, I would just run the premix. Cheers

Help me understand why if you need a blower as well you went for the SRM-225 and not something like the PAS-225VPB.

Not that you have to justify the decision, just wondering if theres a reason someone might choose that way - only thing I can think of is if there were two people using at the same time.

Help me understand why if you need a blower as well you went for the SRM-225 and not something like the PAS-225VPB.

Not that you have to justify the decision, just wondering if theres a reason someone might choose that way - only thing I can think of is if there were two people using at the same time.
I don't really "need" a blower we don't have any trees on the property, I just kinda want one to blow the grass off the driveway, I figured I could get a corded electric for that.

Got her a little dirty already 😂

Attachments

• 20210726_132745.jpg
    20210726_132745.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 14
Don’t know if they are even available anymore and I know you want gas, but I really like my Shindaiwa battery powered. Plenty of power for anything other than farm and ranch type use. Dead reliable.

The Shindaiwa string winding system guarantees no tangles.

Get an extra battery.

I don't really "need" a blower we don't have any trees on the property, I just kinda want one to blow the grass off the driveway, I figured I could get a corded electric for that.

Well since you now have an Echo trimmer, why not go with the PB-2520 blower? I have one and I really only use it for blowing the grass off the driveway and sidewalks. Works pretty good for leaves too. Goes along great with my SRM-225.

EDIT: I run the Red Armor as well with 93 oct ethanol free. Seems to work well.

I concur that the PB-2520 is a great blower. Moves lots of air and is relatively lightweight. I use it year round for the driveway but, depending on the need, a battery blower may be a better choice than gas. For most of the year I use my small Ryobi battery blower more often than the Echo, to clean out the car, garage, patio; sometimes I even open the sliders and clear the living room if the dogs left hair all over the place. However in the fall I need the more powerful Echo to move leaves etc.

I currently use 89 E10 with Supertech oil and the Echo runs great but I might try E0 the next round, just for fun.

Back