Water spots removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: The Critic
An acid based wheel cleaner is probably your quickest option.
My Sonata has hard water spots all over it, has for a long time.

Would I basically spray the whole car and wipe and rinse off with wheel cleaner?

You can buy some Duragloss #501 which will clean and protect it. It's a marine/RV grade polish that professionals use including one on here. Although I'd probably wipe it with vinegar prior as Trav mentioned.

https://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-marin...channelid=BIZRA

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...501#Post3118894

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What's an effective and not too labor intensive way to get rid of water spots?

Am I going to strip sealant wax in the process?

If it's water spotting from surface dirt after a rain...a good washing gets rid of it in many cases. If that doesn't do the trick...try a product like Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer. It works very well on removing dirt, dust, fingerprints and water spots.

It applies and wipes off extremely easily...all while adding a layer of shine and protection to your exterior finish. We use that product here on 2 vehicles after every car washing. Both vehicles retain great a terrific shine, very smooth surface, and no water spots. It also has a nice "orangey" smell.

Chemical Guys Hybrid V07

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
^ Try this stuff next time. The concentrate makes 32 twentytwo ounce bottles of cleaner. Plus contains a sealant which will bead up water with no protection under it. Does a great job. So less than .50 per bottle of cleaner. I use distilled water along with the concentrate.

https://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html

Just ordered some.

It looks like a nice cleaning product...and when diluted as instructed...priced well. I haven't seen all that much in terms of it's protection properties (other than a casual statement that it adds some protection as well as cleaning)...but it seems like both a good value (as a concentrate that makes a lot of solution when used with distilled water)...as well as a solid cleaner for all sorts of exterior surfaces, including wheels.

From 2 videos I just watched using the product, it seems to do a nice cleaning job with nominal effort.

I'll still be putting Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 as a top layer, no matter how the car gets washed/cleaned, as I know how exremely well that product works as a detailing topical protectant.

Appreciate the suggestion.

You bet. It works well around the interior also. I just starting using it on the dash, door trim pieces and it does a very good job. Just squeeze the container to fill the built-in dispenser half way up which is half an ounce. Then 22 ounces of water, shake. It can also be used as a rinseless wash but requires a full ounce of solution. So you go through it at a much faster rate. Can also be used as a lubricant when claying, bird bombs, glass, drying aid etc. A very nice company also with customer service. I keep a bottle of cleaner in the car all the time. I enjoy trying new products but can't stray from this one. And yes I've tried many different detailers.

Someone on here also recommended their Spray Sealant but haven't tried that yet.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You bet. It works well around the interior also. I just starting using it on the dash, door trim pieces and it does a very good job. Just squeeze the container to fill the built-in dispenser half way up which is half an ounce. Then 22 ounces of water, shake. It can also be used as a rinseless wash but requires a full ounce of solution. So you go through it at a much faster rate. Can also be used as a lubricant when claying, bird bombs, glass, drying aid etc. A very nice company also with customer service. I keep a bottle of cleaner in the car all the time. I enjoy trying new products but can't stray from this one. And yes I've tried many different detailers.

Someone on here also recommended their Spray Sealant but haven't tried that yet.

Appreciate the recommendation.

Your post also inspired me to wash the SUV (yet again this week -2nd time since Sunday...
grin.gif
) - also put on yet another coat of the Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 detailing spray. Gosh I love that stuff...shiney smooth exterior finish...and the garage smells like oranges.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back