Watch out for scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Chris142
We went to the store. Came out and some lady is screaming at us saying that we hit her car when we pulled in to park. We drove straight into the stall and we're 2+ ft from the car they were driving. We had enough room to fully open the passenger door so that our cousin could get out from the back seat.

Car next to us was a Ford fusion.

Came out of the store and some Elvira looking lady started screaming at us. She pointed to her mirror and was screaming that it's going to cost $400 to fix the scratch. Then she said she wants a whole new mirror and those are $400.

I looked,wife looked, little cousin looked and there was no scratch anywhere to be found. We then realized that her car is parked so close to us that we can't get my door open enough to get the kid back into the back seat.

Elvira started getting belligerent! Called my wife fat and me a balding fat ( word that starts with an F).

I had not even said a word to her at this point. She said that that her jaguar is a better car than my p.o.s. truck. She started getting real mad so my wife called the cops.

As soon as the cops were called they left. We got plate pics and pics of her wheel over the line etc.

I called my insurance company to tell them what's going on in case they try to do something sneaky.
. Good on you! You recognized a scam and documented everything. I wouldn't worry about this 2 seconds.

It's sad.

There is a family that hangs out at walmart in the parking lot panhandling.

They bring 3 children and the wife as well.

They were on the news because they got into a newer SUV, and caught on camera.

They even make the children hold signs asking for money. I would see them every weekend in the shopping centre.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
When I visited my son last summer we were stopped at a light and watched a homeless guy try to get hit by a car when the light turned green. My son was driving and I told him to be on guard for that nonsense. We stopped and told the guy in the car next to us we witnessed the event, and would wait for the police to tell them exactly what happened. The homeless guy took off, [censored] he didn't score.

This is off-and-on a super frequent thing in my area. I've seen this happen multiple times a day at the same intersections. Always super obvious because they walk so funny when they do it. Obvious they don't have the nerve to walk nonchalantly into traffic. They charge into traffic doing nearly a straight-leg advance.

Yet another reason I have a dash cam installed in my daily driver. OP - a dash cam would, at the very least record you pulling in to the spot and show who was parked next to you when you pulled in. I leave mine going when I go in the store too, so it would also potentially even show her pulling in the spot AFTER you went in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back