Wanted to share my video of my truck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful truck! The 12 degree cold start was effortless for the Duramax.

I think I would cry every time I had to refuel though(12-18mpg).

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy

I think I would cry every time I had to refuel though(12-18mpg).

yeah, it's brutal.. I use a cardlock to buy B20 Biodiesel, which ends up being a bit less expensive than diesel/superunleaded prices, so I don't see the cost "at the pump" but rather in my statement at the end of the month.. with the light driving I do with it (only 2600miles in 6 months so far), I've spent close to $700 so far..

I see 13 average city and 19 highway with lightfooting it.

Originally Posted By: subiedriver
That's a very nice truck, but I would still have to go with Cummins.

I looked at all 3, no loyalty to Chevy/GM what so ever... it was simply the best of the 3. It's cooler to have a Cummings, but the power difference was not even close. The Ford, which did have the power, also had an untested engine which was shockingly built in Mexico... their 4th in 12 years.. not a risk I'm going to take on a $60k + purchase. On a side note, the GM heavy duty was the only truck from the 3 entirely made in the USA of mostly domestic parts.. some engine parts were from Germany and Japan.. which is far better than being from Mexico.

Last edited:
The 2nd quarter 2011 Cummins, which is out now, puts out 800 lb ft of torque at 1400 rpm, it'd be a lot closer to you're duramax in power, versus the old one.

The new Dodge trucks are leaps and bounds above what they used to be, they're catching up to Ford and GM. Regardless, you've got a sweet truck.

I agree on the proven motor point, the Duramax has been around since '01, with a pretty good track record. The new Ford 6.7 looks awesome on paper, but like you said, completely unproven. Lets see how it looks 5 years and 150K down the road.

Yeah, the new Dodge will be sweet!! Had it been out when I bought in Oct, that would have been a whole different game.

This stiff competition makes for 3 great trucks. If I were rich, I'd have all 3.

Great looking truck! I think the LMN Duramax's are great. I have a 2007 2500 HD Classic with the LBZ diesel and it's a beast. Has tons of power and I run B100 biodiesel that I make it in since new. I installed a Kennedy Diesel single lift pump and a Nicktane OEM billet aluminum filter head with a CAT 2 micron fuel filter. I like the fact that you are running a blend of biodiesel in it. That should really help keep the fuel system clean and lubricated.

Originally Posted By: adamrc
Great looking truck! I think the LMN Duramax's are great. I have a 2007 2500 HD Classic with the LBZ diesel and it's a beast. Has tons of power and I run B100 biodiesel that I make it in since new. I installed a Kennedy Diesel single lift pump and a Nicktane OEM billet aluminum filter head with a CAT 2 micron fuel filter. I like the fact that you are running a blend of biodiesel in it. That should really help keep the fuel system clean and lubricated.

yeah, I run B20 for warrantee purposes, but I plan to go to B99 when that expires (which will be some time).. The major advantages of Bio is the way it's solvent properties keep the engine/fuel system clean... And starting from brand new with it makes for no drawbacks with regard to filter clogging, etc..

Originally Posted By: PDX2500HD
Yeah, the new Dodge will be sweet!! Had it been out when I bought in Oct, that would have been a whole different game.

This stiff competition makes for 3 great trucks. If I were rich, I'd have all 3.

But you're not rich and you made the best decision of getting a nice GM truck. You won't have to worry about your tranny going out on you and I always like the lighting setup (separate high/low beam) of GM over Ford and Dodge.

just added this video to my youtube today..

This was a smallish, yet stubborn tree stump.. with lots of little yet well developed roots.. a neighbor was struggling with digging it out so I offered to use my truck to take it out... 3 attempts later (due to ropes breaking), we got it out with a high strength climbing type rope.. The truck was put in normal 4x4 mode and only a little bit of power used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxkvBwcDMDU

So that's how a GM truck is warmed up. You're brave for doing it on a brand new truck, not that it doesn't have the power but murphy has a lot of free time on his hand sometime.

Originally Posted By: M1Accord
So that's how a GM truck is warmed up. You're brave for doing it on a brand new truck, not that it doesn't have the power but murphy has a lot of free time on his hand sometime.

you know, I was a bit stressed after I volunteered that the stump would go flying into my truck... the first 3 attempts when the rope snapped I kept hoping they'd say "Oh well, we tried"... but it worked out ok... the stump came out slowly.

Originally Posted By: PDX2500HD

you know, I was a bit stressed after I volunteered that the stump would go flying into my truck... the first 3 attempts when the rope snapped I kept hoping they'd say "Oh well, we tried"... but it worked out ok... the stump came out slowly.

Yep, I was hinting at stump flying into your tailgate. I have seen it happened to dually pulling small stumps that has serious root pattern. I believe chain works better than rope as the weight will drop instead of the rubber-band-like effect due to rope's elasticity.

I am going to check out a Chevy 2500HD once the sun is down and compare it to the F250. I don't like the way Ford use only one headlight to house low/high beams. i want separate housing to ensure if one bulb goes out, I don't have to worry about being blind on the drive back. I also don't like how Ford position his driving lights. It would be nice to put a Cummin and Allison together in a Chevy 2500HD. That would be sweet.

Is OnStar available on the Chevy? If so, how is the pricing comparing to AAA.

Last edited:
PDX2500HD said:
M1Accord said:
Is OnStar available on the Chevy? If so, how is the pricing comparing to AAA.
pped I kept hoping they'd say "Oh well, we tried"... but it worked out ok

It is, and works great... I get full service plus my own phone number and minutes at a very cheap rate for about $28/month... Add to that XM and its about $35/mo.. It works better than my BMW assist service IMHO.

Go drive all 3, and make up your own mind... the newer Dodge is supposed to be good too... but interior wise, I prefer the LTZ interior of the GM

Now if only we could get rid of the fools on youtube telling everyone to go disable the DPF/EGR/DEF the second you drive it off the lot.

Nice truck!

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
Now if only we could get rid of the fools on youtube telling everyone to go disable the DPF/EGR/DEF the second you drive it off the lot.

Nice truck!

I know right.... that's the problem with owning a truck like this... it attracts rednecks like poop attracts flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back