Walmart SuperTech SAE 30 CF-2

Thanks @MichiganMadMan ! I have several 5 gallon pails of the CF-2 SJ, CF-2 SL variants, that WM clearanced out.
I bought a 5 gallon pail of SAE 40 for $10 at the Walmart in Hinton, Alberta 5 years ago. The enviro fees and tax added another $7.
Single grade group 1 HDEOs like Delo 400 or Pet-Can Duron have full additive packages with ZDDP levels around 1,300.
They seem to work well for cleaning up old V8s.

I bought a 5 gallon pail of SAE 40 for $10 at the Walmart in Hinton, Alberta 5 years ago. The enviro fees and tax added another $7.
Single grade group 1 HDEOs like Delo 400 or Pet-Can Duron have full additive packages with ZDDP levels around 1,300.
They seem to work well for cleaning up old V8s.
Yes, I think I bought SAE30 and 40, I'll end up using it in something. IIRC, I paid $27 a pail, not as good as your price.

I bought something similar,
I was mixing it with Supertech 0W-16 Full-synthetic oil that I bought on clearance for $5 US per gallon

No, it burns really clean…… It smokes a little bit at idle when it’s first warming up, but I run a waste motor oil (WMO) blend in the fuel, anyway.
The only other time it smokes, is when pulling a heavy load up a hill. But that’s black smoke, not blue smoke. All 6.9 and 7.3 IDI’s do it, it’s a common characteristic. There is a turbo charger planned in the NEAR future.

I used to have a really worn out Chevy 283 in an old Chevy truck, it burned a quart of oil every 40-50 miles. It got 14 miles per gallon (or 14 miles per 4 quarts of gasoline) . . .
So I was kind of driving around on 16:1 mix 😂😂😂😂😂
Be careful with a turbo on a 6.9-I’ve heard that the head bolts aren’t really strong on them. Although ARP might have a fix for that!

Be careful with a turbo on a 6.9-I’ve heard that the head bolts aren’t really strong on them. Although ARP might have a fix for that!

The engine that is currently in the truck - - won’t get repaired when it fails for the final time.
It’s a really early, “low serial number” & they improved the design a lot over the years. It’s a “Factory Re-man” (the paperwork came with the truck) … I don’t think they did a very good job when they rebuilt it.
“Version 2.0” is coming along now - it will get the ARP head studs - - I already have them.

Back