Walmart is discontinuing selling handgun ammo, .223 and 5.56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever you are, you display an awesome amount of constitutional and historical ignorance; and a severe lack of common sense. How many mass shootings take place inside police stations and military bases? Neither of us can say anything about guns that hasn't been repeated ad nauseum. Such as, criminals prefer unarmed victims. What is the definition of an "assault rifle?" My deer hunting rifle with a nice walnut stock and a (Black) scope has a far greater range and accuracy than my AR 15, but it's blue, not scary black. How many crimes in progress are stopped by these guys? Oh, and YES, EVERYONE needs a gun at any point in our history. Those who wish to beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who have guns. It is against BITOG forum rules for me to post what I honestly think of your opinion.

Originally Posted by Oliveoil2
We've got army navy Air Force marines reserves border patrol game wardens police and state troopers sheriff's .... all carry guns and protect us. We don't need a "well regulated malitia." The 2nd Amendment was written when the US Citizens were charged with protecting the state. Everyone doesn't need a gun at this point in our history. Military assault rifles belong with the military, not with Mr. Fud down the street.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Reddy45
Times are changing. Gun ownership has a major PR problem and its proponent groups are doing nothing to change that.

Every time some crazy person goes syco with a gun it just puts another nail in the anti-gun coffin. States will probably start cracking down with some crazy gun laws (like WA) as time goes on, and more crazy people keep on doing their crazy acts.

Thing is, it's not just laws I'm talking about. Overall public perception towards gun ownership is not improving even though we're statistically safer than we have ever been in the past. The industry groups who SHOULD be working on improving the negative image aren't doing jack when it comes to cultural issues.

Why does this matter? The voting public is highly influenced by culture. Lose culture, lose votes.

We've got army navy Air Force marines reserves border patrol game wardens police and state troopers sheriff's .... all carry guns and protect us. We don't need a "well regulated malitia." The 2nd Amendment was written when the US Citizens were charged with protecting the state. Everyone doesn't need a gun at this point in our history. Military assault rifles belong with the military, not with Mr. Fud down the street.

This is your first post at an oil website … ?

To the juvenile poster above, tyranny will never disappear off the face of this earth. As long as there are men, tyranny lives on.

The proper response to tyranny is a gun in the face. Followed by a "no tyranny allowed here, or you die"

Do you think the citizens of Cambodia thought their own govt would exterminate 30% of them in the 1970's? Do you think the Russian elite thought their own govt would exterminate them in the purges? Do you think the Jews thought that their own govt would exterminate them in the early 1940's? No one ever thinks it could happen to them. Not likely to happen in America, sure, I'll agree. But as long as men are capable of tyranny, I'll keep my guns. Thanks.

Google genocide and you'll find dozens/hundreds of cases of people, citizens, exterminated by their own govt, or of a competing govt. ALL of these people didn't think it could happen to them. Let that sink in.

It's better to have a gun and not use it, than NEED it and not have it.

Last edited:
Every time some crazy person goes psycho with a gun it just puts another nail in the anti-gun coffin. States will probably start cracking down with some crazy gun laws (like WA) as time goes on, and more crazy people keep on doing their crazy acts.

Yeah, it's the crazies fault why we can't have nice things.

Originally Posted by shrooms
It's better to have a gun and not use it, than NEED it and not have it.

Yeah, it's better to have nukes and not use it than to need it and not have it. Good if you're a fan of the nuke 'em til they glow, then shoot them in the dark philosophy.

Originally Posted by 4WD

This is your first post at an oil website … ?

Probably a bot.

Good thing i only use 30.06 i got plenty hanging around don't buy from walmart anyway i prefer the local surplus store and rural king. I keep some of this at home encase a would be burglar or gunmen wants to be my guest wearing body armor.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Times are changing. Gun ownership has a major PR problem and its proponent groups are doing nothing to change that.

Absolutely agree. I applaud Walmart for taking a stance with its intense power.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Every time some crazy person goes psycho with a gun it just puts another nail in the anti-gun coffin. States will probably start cracking down with some crazy gun laws (like WA) as time goes on, and more crazy people keep on doing their crazy acts.

It's the actions of the crazies that makes a lot of people believe that everyone should be stripped of their right to protect themselves. IMO, the more crazies there are running around then it gives even a better reason for people to have the right to protect themselves.

If human beings were not violent, then there would be a need for anyone to own any kind of weapon to protect yourself.

I don't blame Walmart for making a business decision disguised as a moral compass orientation.

In my small town … aside from Walmart we have two decent sized gun stores and a pawn shop (you name it inventory) … plus a farm and ranch place with a more moderate selection of firearms

50 miles east or west there are dozens of places selling whatever

I spent 32 years in law-enforcement between the military and civilian. All I can say is if you're going to call a cop to protect you don't plan on them getting there in time. Don't plan on him being there at the right time. I hate to burst everybody's bubble but that's just the way it happens to be and it's never going to change.

Originally Posted by Driz

I spent 32 years in law-enforcement between the military and civilian. All I can say is if you're going to call a cop to protect you don't plan on them getting there in time. Don't plan on him being there at the right time. I hate to burst everybody's bubble but that's just the way it happens to be and it's never going to change.

Not bursting everyone's bubble … just the gullible
Thanks for your insight and your service

Originally Posted by Ihatetochangeoil
Whoever you are, you display an awesome amount of constitutional and historical ignorance; and a severe lack of common sense. How many mass shootings take place inside police stations and military bases? Neither of us can say anything about guns that hasn't been repeated ad nauseum. Such as, criminals prefer unarmed victims. What is the definition of an "assault rifle?" My deer hunting rifle with a nice walnut stock and a (Black) scope has a far greater range and accuracy than my AR 15, but it's blue, not scary black. How many crimes in progress are stopped by these guys? Oh, and YES, EVERYONE needs a gun at any point in our history. Those who wish to beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who have guns. It is against BITOG forum rules for me to post what I honestly think of your opinion.

She joined three days ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Wolf359

It's the actions of the crazies that makes a lot of people believe that everyone should be stripped of their right to protect themselves. IMO, the more crazies there are running around then it gives even a better reason for people to have the right to protect themselves.

Well in the case of the Vegas shooter, I don't think if everyone at the concert was armed, they would have done any better against someone who is firing from a distance with the height advantage. They couldn't even tell exactly where it was coming from in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back