Walmart In-Store deals! $32 for 12 quarts of SuperTech Full Synthetic! $39 for 12 quarts Valvoline Advanced!

Why bother? My uncles small gas yard equipment has been sipping on the same barrel of 1974 era hd30 he got cheap since I was a child up to the present day. No oil related failures yet, maybe someday it will empty.

So Anyone in the know doesn’t need to argue this topic. Reminds me of the expiration date on rubbing alcohol, molasses and c&c white sugar.
Navi is well known to lecture nonsensical things, so I'm not surprised. He can live his live thinking that oil "expires" after 5 years when there are hundreds of threads and discussions here that flies into the face of his whitepapers. I'll put on my foil hat for a few seconds by saying that most oil companies publish such things to encourage you to buy more of their product vs hedging inflation, plain and simple.

I caved and bought a 12qt box of 10W30 tonight for $32. They had a second one but I refrained. I feel like I'll need to keep a clean 5qt jug around to know what I'm dispensing? How do others handle the 12qt boxes?

I could also use one of the graduated paint mixing pails.

I caved and bought a 12qt box of 10W30 tonight for $32. They had a second one but I refrained. I feel like I'll need to keep a clean 5qt jug around to know what I'm dispensing? How do others handle the 12qt boxes?

Empty 5qt jug, labeled with black marker on white duct tape. If I used a pail, it would end up on the floor.

My experience with Walmart is many times what shows as available for store pickup online, can't be found in the store.

The lastest fiasco for me at least, was trying to have 32 gal trash cans delivered for $19.97. Both occasions, email confirming delivery. A pic was taken of my front steps, with no trash can in the pic. Never seen amazon fail to that extent--claiming delivery when nothing was delivered, and proof of delivery shows it wasn't.

If I can buy something for pickup at the store, this has worked. Meaning, the store staff finds the item and then it's moved to the pickup area (separate part of the building). Otherwise, it's pretty difficult and often doesn't matter what online says. This happened with Asian Zerex (Toyota pink) for $7/gal. Said 5 gal avail and I wanted all 5. Nope

Why bother? My uncles small gas yard equipment has been sipping on the same barrel of 1974 era hd30 he got cheap since I was a child up to the present day. No oil related failures yet, maybe someday it will empty.

So Anyone in the know doesn’t need to argue this topic. Reminds me of the expiration date on rubbing alcohol, molasses and c&c white sugar.
50 year old straight 30 in lawn equipment is not a sensible comparison to modern formulations in modern engines.

Navi is well known to lecture nonsensical things, so I'm not surprised. He can live his live thinking that oil "expires" after 5 years when there are hundreds of threads and discussions here that flies into the face of his whitepapers. I'll put on my foil hat for a few seconds by saying that most oil companies publish such things to encourage you to buy more of their product vs hedging inflation, plain and simple.
The base oil doesn’t “go bad” but the add pack does. The question is not if but when. No way to know exactly when it will degrade without proper testing.

My local WM is doing a huge reset and I think they've just given up on in-store inventory.

They claim to have zero batteries in Group 24 or 27. I was in there yesterday and they must have a dozen of each.

I save a 5qt jug and a 1qt bottle to measure and transfer to the vehicle. And I put the used oil into empty washer fluid jugs to take to my mechanic's furnace.

Walmart app.
exactly, takes at most 20 seconds?

I was at walmart.

Quaker State Full Synthetic 5w40 and 10w30 were both for $3 per quart
Quaker State 20w50 was $2.5 per quart
SuperTech Full Synthetic 10w30 5 quart Jug was $14
SuperTech Advance Full Synthetic 10w30 5 quart Jug was $12 (and no I do not have it backwards, the advance version was cheaper)

there were many other various items mostly in the 10w30 flavors and the 12 quart eco-friendly box were on sale including SuperTech and 2 Mobil flavors

I bought two 12qt box of 0W20 for $27.50 each; not $2/qt target but close. I also bought four gallons of PEAK® Coolant For Asian Vehicles - Blue for $6.50 each. They have the European Vehicles - Blue for the same price.
Wanted the Mobil1 0w40 but full price.

Last edited:
I think this is decent also, yes?

1000001844.jpg

Back