VW Beetle 2.0 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had an '81 Scirocco back in college in the mid 80's. That great little car got me out of the boaty stuff like a '73 Catalina and Nova that I had before it. That VW is actually pretty similar to a lot of the newer front-wheel drive cars that are around in 2017!

I think VW had some major quality issues from the 1990s to mid 2000s and have improved quite a bit since. My dad had a 1980s Rabbit with a manual trans. He drove it until it rusted out after 200k without much issue. My sister had a 2001 Jetta for about 6 months. 2.0L non-turbo automatic. The transmission died right at 100k miles and the engine burned a ton of oil.

I have two friends with newer (2014 and 2015) Jettas and my sister just bought a 2013 Jetta. The quality is much better in my opinion and they are a pretty good value. Another friend just sold his 2010 Jetta 2.5L with over 240k miles on it. The engine ran fine and the clutch was still good, although the throw out bearing made a bit of noise. You just have to do research and know what you are buying like any German car.

I just realized I know a lot of people with Jettas.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back