Volvo extended warranty

I know some are against extended warranties.
however, with the tech and cost of repair, I think it is worth it.

my sister bought a Volvo S60 from Rusnak in CA.

now comes the
What warranty should I buy?

I always lean towards the manufacture’s warranty.
Any third party recommendations or stick with Volvo?

I went with the manufacturer for my Genesis. Was afraid of the aftermarket cheaper warranties.

Hyundai's has been good to me.

Stick with Volvo. As a former auto tech either take a chance and put up a couple of hundred a month monthly if factory warranty still in effect or buy extended warranty if factory warranty is expired.

my sister bought a Volvo S60 from Rusnak in CA.

now comes the
What warranty should I buy?

I always lean towards the manufacture’s warranty.
Any third party recommendations or stick with Volvo?
Maybe I don't understand the question, but the manufacturers warranty COMES with the car. Not something you have to buy. Extended warranty takes over after factory warranty expires. What year, how many miles on it and how long does she expect to keep it?

Maybe I don't understand the question, but the manufacturers warranty COMES with the car. Not something you have to buy. Extended warranty takes over after factory warranty expires. What year, how many miles on it and how long does she expect to keep it?

(sigh)
Yes the extended warranty.
2020 or 21. 50 miles. 100k, 10 years.

If your sister is a member of AAA, have her check out their Platinum Level Vehicle Protection Plan. It is extremely comprehensive in what it covers, and it priced lower than a manufacturer's extended warranty. I used it several times and neither I nor the shop that did the work had any problems with them covering repairs.

We have the extended warranty on ours. We’ve already used it a few times. When it’s up I’ve already told the wife it’s gone. I love it, but lord it’s expensive!

Volvo only. Aftermarket ones can go belly up at any moment and form back under new name from cinders. Also aftermarket make it hard to make a claim.

It’s hard with vehicles but I try to buy things at price point I can fully replace them. Most people don’t.

We have the extended warranty on ours. We’ve already used it a few times. When it’s up I’ve already told the wife it’s gone. I love it, but lord it’s expensive!
I also had an s60. Purchased it with a year of remaining warranty.
Silly me, during the final stages of purchasing it, I never bothered to closely review and reflect on the 1 inch thick stack of repairs this low-mileage garage queen had.

Needless to say that after about 6 months, I was ready to get rid of it (before the warranty was up).
I gotta admit, Volvo does a fantastic job of customer service during the warranty period.

I also had an s60. Purchased it with a year of remaining warranty.
Silly me, during the final stages of purchasing it, I never bothered to closely review and reflect on the 1 inch thick stack of repairs this low-mileage garage queen had.

Needless to say that after about 6 months, I was ready to get rid of it (before the warranty was up).
I gotta admit, Volvo does a fantastic job of customer service during the warranty period.

I’d look at the manufacturer’s extended warranty cost to get a warts-and-all idea of what you can expect down the road, even if you have no intention of buying the warranty.

It’s a subtle form of securities fraud for a manufacturer to knowingly sell such a warranty below cost. In the eyes of the securities regulators doing that amounts to overstating current earnings.

If one manufacturer has a big differential compared to another, I would want to know why.

Take the best price you can buy the warranty for, take into account the years that the manufacturer has free use of your money and factor in a 25% profit margin.

That number is what you can realistically expect to be the repair cost.

Back