Video full screen on TV, normal on laptop screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whenever I am at my friends house and we watch american DVDs, he uses his computer. It's a Dell, if it matters. When he plugs in the S-video cable to his TV, the video, which is "restore down" size on his laptop screen, will go full screen on his TV. This allows him to check mail, chat and other things while the DVD is full screen on the TV. Is there a setting that would allow this? We tried comparing settings, but couldn't find anything different.

Either his video card drivers (and hardware) are setup for multiple monitors, or his computer has a OS-less native DVD playing ability, or both.

If you right click (assuming windows) your desktop, go to display properties, etc, you may find a menu for the display driver and it should show this option. Do this on the friend's laptop first to see what it looks like.

Incidentally there are many ways of making your DVD player play all region discs.
wink.gif

my laptop's dvd player only allows 5 times of "region changing" and then after that it's locked...
how would you make such a dvd player all region?

My computer also has the multiple monitors feature, I just can’t find a way to get the setup that he has. I may go visit him tonight or tomorrow night and try to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back