Video for Door Lock Actuator?

Anyone have a link for a video or DIY instructions for replacing a L/R door lock actuator on a 2017 GMC Sierra?
It’s the same truck 2014 - 2019 Silverado and Sierra. Can find the part but striking out on Youtube etc for a video.

Thanks. That does cover the front in great detail. I’m looking for the rear door lock actuator replacement. (L/R).

Bumping this one up again in hopes there may be some GM techs here. Does the actuator need to be removed from the door along with the latch as an assembly? I’ve ordered just the actuator (Dorman) and wondering if I should have ordered the entire latch and actuator together.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Well since the thread isn't getting much response I'll post something tangential but not necessarily helpful: I had to replace the outer door handle on a '19 Canyon rear door. There's a slick trick to hold the paddle arm in place with fishing line when installing the outer handle. Otherwise installing the outer handle requires complete disassembly of the door to gain access from the inside.

I don't know if the full size trucks are even constructed the same. But if so this might prove helpful if you forget to reinstall the outer handle in the process. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but here's a bump for ya ;)

You said you completed it.....soooooo? Any tips for people in your situation in the future?

Got it done this morning. Stuff comes apart easier than it goes back! Lock actuators should be warranted for life. It failed in the locked position. The side where my 3 year old granddaughter rides. Not good if there was a crash, God forbid.

Back