Vibration while accelerating part 5

Had lots of steering wheel and pedal vibration on acceleration after replacement of original CV axles with aftermarket units.

Went to multiple mechanics and it got blamed on the torque converter, bent rims, and tire radial runout... Everything but the aftermarket axles.

So I've been driving around with tooth filling damaging vibrations for months until I decided to check my tire pressure one day.

Recommended psi is 35

All tires were at 31 or 32 psi. Low, but not low enough to trigger the warning light

I inflated everything to 38.

Suddenly everything is smooth as glass. Vibrations instantly went to 0.

Can anyone explain this???

You said "steering wheel and pedal vibration on acceleration after replacement of original CV axles with aftermarket units". What was the reason you replaced the CV units? Did you have this vibration before replacement?

Something was out of position when the tech buttoned up the job. Shifted back into place and vibration subsided. Engine or transaxle mount or possibly even one of the axles wasn’t seated entirely in the hub or diff splines. Be aware of loose fasteners at the mounts, struts, and hubs etc.

I guess sometimes tire run out can be evened up with extra pressure? Did you ever swap tires around to see if they were the problem?

Reactions: D60
Would be interesting to have those tires road force balanced and see if there's a failing cord or something else

Back