Vibration/noise isolation for wall shelf

I have a dehumidifier that sits on a wall shelf in my garage that I already have sitting on rubber "pucks" meant to go under washing machine feet to try and dampen some of the noise and vibration, which does work pretty well but a good amount still gets transmitted into the wall through the shelf brackets. I'm thinking of trying rubber washers between the shelf brackets and the wall, anyone used them for a similar purpose? Other ideas are also welcome.

I would think that the rubber washers might transfer the loads of the shelving more to the screw rather than the wall framing.

Can you remove the shelves and add a strip of felt along the attachment line?

I would think that the rubber washers might transfer the loads of the shelving more to the screw rather than the wall framing.

Can you remove the shelves and add a strip of felt along the attachment line?
Yep just repainted, the shelf and brackets are off so it's a good time to come up with a solution. I'm not sure a felt strip is going to do much though, unless it's on the thicker side perhaps.

Yep just repainted, the shelf and brackets are off so it's a good time to come up with a solution. I'm not sure a felt strip is going to do much though, unless it's on the thicker side perhaps.

The thicker it is the less secure the shelf attachments will be. No chance of relocating the dehumidifier?

Thanks for the felt suggestions...I put strips in between the shelf and brackets as well as on the back of the shelf where it meets the wall. Still sitting on the picks which keep the casters from moving. NVH seems lower for sure and much more acceptable 👍🏼
PXL_20230226_042014251.jpg

Back