Very odd. a 5 gallon cost more than a the same in 2 gallon tubs

looking at primer for my paint job . a 5 gallon is 99 so around $20 a gallon. a 2 gallon is around $30 so $15 a gallon. Don't make sense

Must be a surplus of 2 gallon buckets, and they are trying to clear inventory.

I've seen deals like that some times, too. It's hard to understand, but good to be paying attention. Kilz is a good product, particularly if you need to really seal up over an older stain.

Yes, me either. I think sometimes they figure contractors are just going to buy the biggest.

Same with paper towels at walmart. The largest package often is not the cheapest per sheet. Most people assume so, which is likely why they play this game.
^This is the answer. Manufacturers - who are constantly inventing new ways to bilk consumers - have realized your average shopper can't do even the most basic math - while at the same time assuming buying in bulk is always the cheapest way. Doing all the food/household items shopping for my household (2 people, 3 cats, haha) I've noticed lately more and more of this trickery. In fact Costco/Sam's Club have been doing this for years. If you do the math on their giant containers of merchandise you'll see many of them save you only pennies - or nothing at all - while forcing you to buy large, inconvenient amounts of said items. Only the store benefits from such transactions.:D

80lb bags of concrete are more expensive than 60lb bags in my area. My back is happy with 60lb bags lately.

Back