Vehicle Sightings - A Diverse Bunch in Fort Collins, Colorado (Part 1)

1973ish Buick LeSabre:
20230612_172041 (2).jpg
20230612_172340_HDR (2).jpg

1975ish Buick Apollo (a close cousin of a Chevy Nova, I believe):
20230612_172053.jpg

1990ish Nissan truck
20230612_172100_HDR.jpg

A very weathered Honda (Prelude, I think) - mid-'80s?
20230612_172105 (2).jpg

1978ish Dodge Aspen wagon. Odds are a venerable Leaning Tower Of Power lives on under the hood.
20230612_172117_HDR (2).jpg

Does that green Buick say 400 on the fender?

I bet his wife or offspring will have a mess to deal with when he dies.

Why do people hold onto junk
It's fun when other people do it. It's also easy to see other people's junk, and say to oneself "Hey, if that were my lot, this stuff would be gone!" It's harder to do when it's your own stuff.
Does that green Buick say 400 on the fender?

I bet his wife or offspring will have a mess to deal with when he dies.
I zoomed in on the original - I think it's a 455! Scrap cars are actually worth quite a bit, for the metal value alone. If they were mine, I think I'd try to part them out first.
Why do people hold onto junk
Inertia is a powerful force!

Its a 72 LeSabre, front bumper and grille is different on a 73. It says 455 on it. I owned many Buicks from 1967 to 2016 till I bought my Caddy.

Last edited:
I’ll take the prelude. the headlights suggest to me it was around ‘86? We had an ‘89 accord, the last year of that body style with a 2.2L 5MT. It was a *wonderful* vehicle, one of the best my family ever owned. I think the prelude had a slightly larger engine, maybe 2.5? These were the years that gave honda lasting street cred. In good shape, if it’s a stick, that prelude will carve like canyons with the sunroof open and all the smiles. The only hesitation may be whether it’s a carb or EFI. Honda was transitioning to EFI around then.

I’ll take the prelude. the headlights suggest to me it was around ‘86? We had an ‘89 accord, the last year of that body style with a 2.2L 5MT. It was a *wonderful* vehicle, one of the best my family ever owned. I think the prelude had a slightly larger engine, maybe 2.5? These were the years that gave honda lasting street cred. In good shape, if it’s a stick, that prelude will carve like canyons with the sunroof open and all the smiles. The only hesitation may be whether it’s a carb or EFI. Honda was transitioning to EFI around then.
This one is a '84 - '85 dual carb 1.8. The Si got the 2.0 F. I. Fantastic cars in their day.

I used to be interested in old vehicles like this but the work that has to go into them to run half decent, forget about it. Then you have body and paint work which is just as expensive or more than the mechanical aspect, depending on how perfect you want it. No wonder some people love the rusted patina look.

Best off just buying a similar model that some other guy drained his bank account into for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:
Back