Vehicle Sighting - 1956 Chevy 210 4-door sedan

No fair googling… Anybody remember the Chevy 267ci V8….?
Hey, I didn't Google that - I drove a tired and rusty old '68 Impala with the 307 for six years. 😁

I also have a lot of brain sludge, including the bore and stroke of the older SBC engines (even the 383 "stroker"), but not including the 267. I vaguely remember it from, I think, the mid '70s. Was it shoehorned into the Monza?

Hey, I didn't Google that - I drove a tired and rusty old '68 Impala with the 307 for six years. 😁

I also have a lot of brain sludge, including the bore and stroke of the older SBC engines (even the 383 "stroker"), but not including the 267. I vaguely remember it from, I think, the mid '70s. Was it shoehorned into the Monza?
^^^Close enough…I had a 1981 Monte Carlo with the 267 V8. A smogged down carbureted little motor that couldn’t get out of it’s own way. I pulled a Coleman pop up camper with it and it struggled to maintain 55 mph on level ground. The 262 was indeed shoehorned into the Chevy Monza and was a boat anchor as well! (y)

I've driven them, and when on the roads with modern cars, down right dangerous. Was ok when everyone else had drums too.

For a show car i get keeping them original. But for a driver, you really need to change the brakes. Remember the steering wheel on these cars cause severe chest trauma.

I don't know the recommended oci, but most of the tri-5 had no block oil filters, mine had some sort of a factory bypass type filter.
Ours with the 283 had the filter. There was a solid metal canister hung next to the oil pan with an 8” bolt that ran up the middle. The filter cartridge sat inside. Yes, cartridge filter; not a spin on. That canister was solid, thick metal, and soft by today’s standards. I added a spin-on adapter in the 80s since cartridges were getting harder to find and as a budding bitoger wanted more filter options.

agree with you on brakes. Back when I looked at it (80s) Disc brake conversions were a thing, though they also required a new MC since the original one delivered pressure but not the volume needed to drive discs; and needed a little vacuum plumbing added. There was only one vacuum line on the engine, a rather small tap for the wipers. Back when I had mine, nobody had a good setup for proportioning between front and rear brakes, so some conversions worked better than others.

I could not DD one nowadays. Nothing about the design of that car was safe. They’d fold in the passenger area, metal dash, questionable seatbelt conversions, rigid steering column…. but such great memories! My family enjoyed ours much back then!

We sold the 57 for around 6500 not running. It probably started with a simple jump, but it was on blocks with rotted tires and drums rusted to the shoes. It stayed at my moms place since I couldn’t afford enough to bring it with me. it was really kind of hard for us, it had been her grandmothers car, passed through the family.

Back