Valvoline V0-30 1200 miles, liquimoly engine flush. ford 4.0 SOHC.

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
Changed the valve cover and intake manifold gaskets today and in the process i’m sure i stirred some junk up so i decided with the vehicle at 93k miles and unknown maintenance history with it coming from a school district fleet prior to us, to do a liquimoly flush. it’s all i could get locally today. id rather use BG EPR but couldn’t get it fast enough.

i liked that the bypass valve was rubbery and seemed to seal against the element body very well. the tech that put it on using thors hammer so i had to destroy it to get it off. there is also a photo under the driver side valve cover

Attachments

• IMG_5314.jpeg
    IMG_5314.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5313.jpeg
    IMG_5313.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5311.jpeg
    IMG_5311.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5310.jpeg
    IMG_5310.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5309.jpeg
    IMG_5309.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5308.jpeg
    IMG_5308.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5307.jpeg
    IMG_5307.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5300.jpeg
    IMG_5300.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 122
Looks very clean. Leave it and start 5-7k OCI’s.
fleet vehicle. they get mobil 1 EP HM at the appropriate grades and either mobil 1 or fram titanium oil filters for 6k miles. our vehicles are industrial service vehicles so air filters are changed every other oil filter. all intervals are tracked via OB2 and GPS tracking with Samsara telematics. this just happened to be serviced prior to our purchase. i don’t jive with how hard our vehicles are run and whatever bulk oil gets dumped in at quick lube places.

fleet vehicle. they get mobil 1 EP HM at the appropriate grades and either mobil 1 or fram titanium oil filters for 6k miles. our vehicles are industrial service vehicles so air filters are changed every other oil filter. all intervals are tracked via OB2 and GPS tracking with Samsara telematics. this just happened to be serviced prior to our purchase. i don’t jive with how hard our vehicles are run and whatever bulk oil gets dumped in at quick lube places.

Sounds like a legitimate fleet program. My city was a joke! The did their best for 3k OCI on police vehicles with bulk dino but that rarely happened. I'm glad to hear there are muni's out there doing things correctly.

Sounds like a legitimate fleet program. My city was a joke! The did their best for 3k OCI on police vehicles with bulk dino but that rarely happened. I'm glad to hear there are muni's out there doing things correctly.
we aren’t the school district it was purchased from a school district. Industrial (chemical plants, pipeline etc) company. the majority of our fleet are chevrolet 2500hd’s 4x4’s with ly6’s 6.0l or l8t 6.6l. CCLB pickups with camper shells, bed slides, 1500-1800lbs gear and 3 men. these little fords are for permit writers that just drive around plants all day

Changed the valve cover and intake manifold gaskets today and in the process i’m sure i stirred some junk up so i decided with the vehicle at 93k miles and unknown maintenance history with it coming from a school district fleet prior to us, to do a liquimoly flush. it’s all i could get locally today. id rather use BG EPR but couldn’t get it fast enough.

i liked that the bypass valve was rubbery and seemed to seal against the element body very well. the tech that put it on using thors hammer so i had to destroy it to get it off. there is also a photo under the driver side valve cover
Under valve cover is squeaky clean. What oil and filter went back in? Nice photos. Thank You

the pleat spacing would indicate so but the long neck on top looks a lot like a champ filter. can was a little though for a champ filter though. every acdelco filter i try to remove after a tech installs it with thors hammer punctures and gets oil everywhere. wouldn’t be a bad filter if it had a silicone ADBV.

Trying to determine who makes this Valvoline filter, not enough visual information 'for me' to determine. I can't see center tube detail which if an ecore would indicate a Champ Labs made. And for jobber filter such as topic that would be what Champ Labs using now. Base plate and bypass design doesn't look to be typical Champ Labs type. Unknown for me. Assume description of rubbery refers to adbv.

Filter looks ok, at 1200 mi. I'd expect that to be the case.

Thanks for c&p.

Last edited:
Assume description of rubbery refers to adbv.
I had to re-read the OPs post on that, and seems it's describing the bypass valve plate having a rubbery material so it seals well on the end plate - shown in 4th photo. .

Back