Valvoline or Castrol Synthetic-Which one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Joeescape63
I’m leasing a 2018 Subaru Forester NA Touring and it requires 0W20 synthetic oil.I’m letting the dealer do the first oil change at 6K with the factory fill.I plan on doing my own oil/filter changes with factory Subaru filter also at every 6K.Between Valvoline Advanced Synthetic and Castrol Edge which oil would you pick and why?Thanks

I had an 06. Best [censored] vehicle I ever owned. I ran what ever brand name synthetic that was on sale. 99% of the time, that was M1.

Just picked up 5 qt for $23 with tax at Walmart . 0w-20 platinum did the rebate off my phone snap a pic of receipt and upload, save another 50 cents. Good deal cheaper than the supertech, looking forward to using it in the wife’s 2010 Honda CR-v. Have only used M 1 and for the last couple years Quaker State which I have really liked. Rebate ends June 30th here’s the link

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promotions...G9jYXRvci5jZm0=

Valvoline
smile.gif

If you do not plan to purchase the car at the end of your lease, then go with the cheapest oil you can find off the shelf at Walmart.

If you do plan to purchase the car at the end of your lease, then go with the cheapest oil you can find off the shelf at Walmart.

There is no bad oil when shopping at Walmart. If there is, I haven't seen it.

Either. Valvoline is American owned if you are inclined that way.
And they got that new fancy easy pour jug, so you got that going for you.
I mean, we all know the container is the important part, right?

Last edited:
Whichever is the better price
smile.gif

But this month, Napa has a sale on their house brand synthetic for $4.29/qt (or $18.99 for the 5qt jug). Napa Syntheti8c is rebranded Synpower Advanced Synthetic. While you're there, you can pick up a Gold or Platinum filter. Napa Gold is Wix, and Napa Platinum is Wix XP. Wix makes Subaru-specific filters.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Whichever is the better price
smile.gif

But this month, Napa has a sale on their house brand synthetic for $4.29/qt (or $18.99 for the 5qt jug). Napa Syntheti8c is rebranded Synpower Advanced Synthetic. While you're there, you can pick up a Gold or Platinum filter. Napa Gold is Wix, and Napa Platinum is Wix XP. Wix makes Subaru-specific filters.

Is it really? Do you have evidence they are the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back