Vacation rental - Bethany Beach DE to Ocean City MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with, or recommendations for a vacation rental, somewhere between Bethany Beach, Delaware and Ocean City, Maryland? The center of our activity will be Fenwick Island, Delaware.

Looking for a place for 3, during the first half of June.

This will be my first trip to this area... know nothing about the region. Planning on flying into Baltimore on Southwest, and then grabbing a rental car and driving the rest of the way in.

Its a great area but expect to pay top dollar in June. Our retirement home is in Milton, the next town in from the beach towns of Lewes & Rehoboth. I cannot help with a rental but I am sure there are plenty listed by realtors and Airbnb. No sales tax in DE. Expect crowds on the weekends. Many people do back-to-school shopping in the outlet stores in Rehoboth with no sales tax.

Highly recommend South Bethany Beach, DE.

If you rent West of the Coastal Highway (Hwy 1) rates are reasonable, and just a 1-2 block walk to the beach.

We have rented 4 different properties on 6 visits and enjoyed each one.

Used this realtor without issues:
https://www.southbethany.com/rentals/rentals_index.html

Also used VRBO.

Note - 80% of the properties are empty during the week because they are owned by DC residents who visit on the weekend.

Last edited:
Additional comments:
1. Do not speed in Delaware, especially on the Coast Highway. There are radar traps from Rehoboth to Ocean City in Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach, South Bethany Beach and Fenwick Island. This is especially true if there is some kind of automotive related event being held in Ocean City.
2. If you take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (Rt 50), expect heavy traffic and backups mid-day in both directions on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back