UTTF kevlar

I am looking to know if a typical UTTF fluid is friction modified to work appropriately on kevlar clutches. Are there any specs that I should look for where this is tested, or the intended service?

Since you asked a general question without telling us the equipment to be used in, Kevlar clutches are generally composite clutches of Kevlar fiber in a carbon matrix with a binder. a special adhesive.

Composites generally have the same friction coefficients as copper-alloy (brass) clutches and are about as robust as metallic clutches.

Last edited:
That's very interesting. Thank you for commenting the construction of kevlar clutches and their comparative CoF and durability. Do they need specialized additives for FM and varnish control on those clutches? This is for a Harley Davidson primary, where I am scoping a purchase for an upgraded kevlar clutch pack.

That's very interesting. Thank you for commenting the construction of kevlar clutches and their comparative CoF and durability. Do they need specialized additives for FM and varnish control on those clutches? This is for a Harley Davidson primary, where I am scoping a purchase for an upgraded kevlar clutch pack.
No they don't need anything special.

Back