Using MMO in older Honda/Acura V-6 engines

Won't hurt. Like running Seafoam for a few '00 miles. Also may not do much w/r to cleaning deposits.

MMO definitely cleans varnish and sludge. If you've ever taken off the valve covers of an engine with buildup and do a before and after there's no doubt it works. However it will reduce your oil's viscosity.

MMO.jpg

I do a 20-25% run of MMO w/ HDEO 15w40 in my older cars every couple of years in the summer months. When I did the valve cover gasket on the 2008 Corolla with over 150k, it looked fantastic.

Really, how many miles do you do this 4?

5k. Funny, I actually got a couple 38 mpg tanks over the summer during this run also.
Do you have to add oil or does the level decrease on the dip stick when you go this long with MMO in the oil?
I’ve always heard that the MMO flashes off but I’ve never left it in the oil for long.

Do you have to add oil or does the level decrease on the dip stick when you go this long with MMO in the oil?
I’ve always heard that the MMO flashes off but I’ve never left it in the oil for long.
So, I didn't realize that I had this currently in the Corolla. It was a 25% ratio, so 5% more than the recommended 20% ratio. Mixed with 3 quarts of Mobil Delvac 1300 15w40. One of the kids has the car so I wasn't able to check like I usually do. Turns out, it was at 76xx miles on the OCI so way over where I wanted to change it out. Just under 3.3 quarts came out, so definitely burned some mmo up. The Corolla is at 172,xxx now and really doesn't care what oil we run in it. Current fill is QS Advanced 5w20 for the fall/winter.

Here was with the VC off awhile back.

My Ridgeline just turned 104K miles after almost 17 years of ownership, where my average OCI has been 5,300 miles using quality blends or full synthetics. I don't suspect much if any varnish or sludge in the motor, but I decided to add 12 ounces of MMO for the final 250 miles before my next oil change. Honda states in its owners manuals that it doesn't recommend using any oil additives. Is that a concern, or should I just leave the MMO in for 250-300 miles with no concerns?
If not done already I’d be more worried about that timing belt change vs adding mmo to your oil.

Back